Chapter 30: Element of Surprise Part 2

Joel and Tyler stood in front of Wednesday, Divina and Kent all five at the ready to pounce. Wednesday had to admit that Joel did in fact grow into his looks, but it also didn't matter, regardless of his decent features now the only one she had eyes for was Xavier Thorpe.

"You did all of this to get back at me... why didn't you just come and get me in the first place?" Wednesday asked.

"And where would be the fun in that? You see I've had the advantage the entire time, I watched you from afar, I've studied you and your friends for months and here you are trying to save them, but you will fail Wednesday Addams." Joel took a step forward.

"Will I? The Sheriff and his deputies are grabbing my friends as we speak, all I have to do is hold you two off until they can arrest the both of you." Wednesday responded.

"Oh! You're going to hold us off? I have a Hyde Wednesday." Joel chuckled.

"And I have Sirens Joel." Wednesday retorted. 

"Touché. So how about this, one on one... Me vs you?" Joel suggested.

"You? You want to go up against me?" Wednesday found amusement in that.

"Don't look surprised!" Joel was not happy.

"No... never." Wednesday grinned as she distanced herself from Divina and Kent and walked towards Joel who did the same. The two walked around in circles both eyeing their prey, but it was Joel who made the first move and Wednesday easily blocked. Once again Joel went on the attack and Wednesday blocked but not without landing a kick into his abdomen. It was like a dance between these two, he would attack, and she would block and land in a kick or a punch but Joel ended up surprising her once or twice and landing in a punch or two of his own. It wasn't enough to hurt Wednesday but enough to get her to stumble a bit, but she would regain her footing almost instantly and be back on the defense. 

"All you had to do was love me and you couldn't! What does that dumb buffoon have that I don't have?" Joel got in another punch on Wednesday. Wednesday grabbed him and brought him closer to her where they were nose to nose.

"My respect and my heart." Before she kneed him in the balls, and he fell to ground in pain.

"Kill her!" He yelled to Tyler, Tyler as if hypnotized began to transform into the Hyde but it was Divina that took off her necklace. 

"Stop! Don't transform into the Hyde." Tyler feeling the effects of the Siren song stopped and was his normal self.

"Don't listen to her! Kill Wednesday Addams!" Joel shouted once more. Once again Tyler tried to transform.

"No! Don't become the Hyde, don't kill Wednesday Addams." Kent's necklace was off too.

"You fucking- Kill them all!" Joel was getting pissed, Wednesday could see that there was a confliction going on in Tyler and it looked bad, truly bad.

"No!" Kent and Divina said together as Tyler began having a fit, it looked like he was having a seizure and Wednesday would have felt bad, but she felt nothing. She allowed Divina and Kent to take care of that as she got on top of Joel and began to choke him. He slapped her once or twice but not hard enough for her to let go.

"How dare you think you can come after me and think that I am going to allow you of all people to take me down." Wednesday practically growled.

"If I can't have you, neither can he." He said through gasps. Wednesday didn't know if it was because from the corner of her eye that she seen Xavier and Sheriff Galpin coming from the tunnels or if it was because Kent told his sister that Tyler had blood coming from his ears but it was a slight moment of weakness and by the time she turned her attention back to Joel he stuck a knife into her stomach causing her to release and Xavier to run to her.