08 || If Only You Knew

song: happiness is a butterfly by lana del rey

.....

aurora moretteo

I haven't talked to Matteo in two weeks.

Trust me when I say I've been making his life actual hell.

It started off small like leaving my hair on his pillows, blankets, and on his clothes while he's at work, knowing he hates it. Moving his laptop to the other side of the mansion, and his car keys.

When the maids would do his laundry I'd offer to do it and put in too much detergent so his clothes are itchy.

Even Sabrina pissed in his shoe.

I put red glitter in his car vents so when he turned it on it went everywhere. I caught a glimpse of him stomping to his room covered it glitter.

And I wrote on his mirror "fuck you" in red lick stick.

Whoops?

I could go on and on.

We haven't spoken. I stay in my room 99 percent of the time, only leaving to eat. Alice comes over a couple times and we just hang out. Sebastian came to talk to me one-on-one. He told me that if he could he would get me out but despite his friendship with Matteo, he is still his boss.

We ended up bonding and I like him. He loves Alice a lot and respects her. As long as that remains, I'm good.

I've been sitting with the fact that my father is no longer breathing.

I haven't shed a tear.

The more I grow and mature, the more I realize and see what an awful person he was; not just to me but to everyone around him.

All of my blood family is dead. I'm the only one left.

I want to smile.

I'm no longer tied to the cruel man, mom.

Nothing ties me to him, not his name, not his legacy and not even anything about his looks. I've always been a spitting imagine of my mother. I share absolutely nothing with my father.

And it feels beyond amazing.

Despite being trapped, I feel free from Vincent Marino. I'm finally free.

It's currently 8 in the evening, Matteo won't be home for another hour so I take this time to go eat something.

I slip on a pair of sweatpants and make my way downstairs. I freeze when I see his tall frame.

I was wrong, he's home.

I ignore him, moving to the cabinets. I feel his eyes on my every move. It makes me feel naked, like he can see right through me.

"You done yet?"

I pause. Slightly looking up from the food.

Fuck this, I'm gonna be better than him and not let my anger consume me.

Turning around to face him, I say, "I'll be done when you let me leave." in the calms voice I can muster up.

If he wasn't such a dick-eating son of a bitch I'd appreciate how good he looks right now. He's clad in a black dress shirt and black slacks, his black curls are free of gel, sitting on his forehead. He's leaning against the counter top with his right hand holding his phone. I take in the gold rings on his fingers.

If he wasn't such an ass, I'd say he looked hot.

"I can't do that, Aurora." He puts his phone in his back pocket, now giving me his full attention.