33 || Prey Becomes Predator

song: bad blood - taylor swift & fine line - harry styles

.....

aurora moretto

"Surprised?"

Sucking in a deep breath, I close my eyes. She seems so unfazed like she wasn't the reason I tried to end my life. Like she didn't throw away years of friendship over something I don't even know.

Feeling put on the spot, I quietly ask Matteo to clear the room, not including him. When it's just him and I, I pull a chair out to sit across from her, far enough that she can't throw her at me. "Start from the beginning," I order. "I want to know every detail."

She laughs. "You're gonna kill me regardless, why would I comply?"

"Okay," I shrug, sitting up and walking over to the counter filled with torture objects. Once I have the two things I need, I walk back to her. I line up the screw with her finger nail and hold up the hammer to swing down.

"Okay! Okay!" She yells, eyes wide with panic.

Stepping away, I smile. "I knew you'd change your mind." I sit back down crossing my legs. "Now, give me the answers I want."

The door opens and I know who's walked in by the look in Valerie's eyes. "Alice, been awhile." Valerie smirks.

I swing the hammer down on her knee cap, breaking it. "Don't look at her." Sebastian barks before I have the chance.

Her face is beet red as she throws her head back and screams in pain. "I don't like waiting, Valerie. If I have to tell you again, you won't have the privilege to see."

"It's actually quite funny." She laughs like she wasn't screaming in pain seconds ago. "I was going to spare you, I truly did like you but you.." She shakes her head, snarling. "You killed the love of my life." She swings her gaze away from me to Matteo behind me.

"Don't look at him." I snap. "The only one you have to worry about is me. Now, stop with the vague shit. Who did Matteo kill." I demand.

She gulps as I hold up the hammer once again. "Your father."

I furrow my brows. "But you said he killed the love of your.." I trail off, my lips parting in shock. I hear Alice gag from behind me.

"I was going to tell him to spare you, out of friendship but I had to make Matteo pay somehow."

Sebastian steps in. "Let me get this straight, you fucked Vincent Marino?"

"We didn't just fuck, we dated." Matteo puts his hand on my shoulder.

"What do you mean "tell him to spare me"? Who is he?" I ask, completely dumbfounded with the information I just learned.

She smirks. "It all started when I was 15, a couple months after we met." She sighs, laying back dramatically. "It was your birthday, just you, me and Alice. You two were watching a movie in your bedroom but I left to go get more snacks. I passed your mother's room and I just remember the world stopping when I saw his face."

Alice makes a disgusted noise. "World stopping? The fucker never showered."

"He was handsome," Valerie snaps. "Back to the story. Every time I went over he'd look at me and I'd look at him. I knew it was love at first sight and I knew we'd end up together. He'd sneak me away and we'd go on trips on his boat." Tears fill her eyes but she blinks rapidly to get rid of them. "He wanted to be with me, he wanted to marry me but he couldn't with Elena in the picture."