28 || The Beginning Of The End

song: stay with me - sam smith

.....

aurora moretto

There's many perks of dating a mob boss.

Money, protection, status, the list goes.

For me, the only one I care about and plan on using is the whole, he can find anyone with a snap of his fingers.

Despite Matteo taking time off to be with me, he didn't completely ditch his job. He takes 2 hours out of the day to fill out paperwork in his home office. I've never seen his office so I'm a bit curious as I walk into it.

It's very.. Matteo. Not in a bad way, but there's a lot of black. Black bookshelves line each wall with a dark, wooden desk in the middle. Books fill the shelves, I recognize many classics and other knickknacks decorate the spaces in the shelves.

I'm very impressed with the way he decorated. Man has taste.

The man in question lifts his head, his eyes meeting mine. "Hi, baby." He sits back in his chair and pats his lap for me to sit there.

With a roll of my eyes, I push off the wall and walk over to him. I sit my knee down on the side of the chair and straddle his lap. "I need something," I cut to the chase.

"I'm surprised you're actually telling me, most of the time you play hard to get." He teases harmlessly. "What is it?"

"If I gave you a name would you be able to find their address?"

He raises his brows. "Yes, who do you need to find?"

"Great. Santiago Castillo."

He frowns. "Can't you just text him?"

"I tried, he hasn't answered." I explain. This is the first thing on my list I need to do before I leave.

Matteo pulls out his phone and dials someone. "Santiago Castillo." He says simply to the person on the other line. His phone dings a second later with a text. He hangs up, clicks a few things on his phone then my phone vibrates in my back pocket. "I sent the address to your phone."

"Thank you," I smile at him and kiss his lips. I move to get off of him but his hands grip my hips, keeping them in place.

"Where are you going?" He frowns.

I blink at him. "To find Santi."

"No," He whines, pulling my body flush against his, burying his face in my neck. "Stay here with me."

"You have me all day, everyday," I point out.

He pulls back so I can see his face. "I don't see your point." He deadpans.

"I'll only be an hour," I grip his chin between my fingers and take his lips with mine as I slowly remove myself from him.

He pulls away from my lips. "You're not sneaky." I continue pepper kisses on his lips even as I stand.

"I'll be so quick, promise."

.....

It's not surprising in the slightest that Santi lives in a tiny house tucked away in the woods. It's absolutely beautiful.

I step on the first step that leads to the first door and use the knocker to pound on his door.

The door opens to reveal Santi holding a gun right at my forehead. "What a warm welcome." I smile.