05 || The Moon And Her Stars

song: mind over matter by young the giant

.....

matteo verrtai

No one knows shit about me.

One thing I like about being the Capo of my mafia, is that no one can ask shit about me. They're all too scared too. The only person who even knows a little bit about me, is Sebastian. (Boss)

I don't the "hype" about talking about your feels, it's so much easier to just keep it to yourself. Nobody truly gives a fuck.

I pull into the estate. The dashboard reads 1:38 AM. Everyone should be asleep, everyone being Aurora. All the maids and worker are to go home at 11.

It's been a week since Aurora moved in. Also a week since anyone's heard or seen Vincent.

I haven't seen much of Aurora, I haven't been home that much either. I've been busy working my ass off to find Vincent.

I have no complains about living with Aurora expect her shedding her hair everywhere. I mean not even Sabrina sheds that much hair. It's everywhere, the couch, every blanket, my car, even the fucking shower we don't share.

When I unlock the door, its dead silent. I try to be as quiet as I can walking to my bedroom. Aurora and I's bedroom is on the same floor, and god knows if I wake her up I'll never hear the end of it.

There's a balcony at the end of the hallway providing me the light I need to make it to my bedroom. I almost fucking piss myself when I see a mob of black looking hair blowing in the wind, on the balcony.

I was wrong, Aurora is awake.

"What're you doing out here?" I ask, approaching her.

Shes wrapped in a navy blue blanket with her knees hugged tightly to her chest.

She looks up at me. Her brown eyes look so dark in this lighting but still manage to make my heart stop for a second, her natural pouty lips look a darker shade of pink, her cheeks are flushed, and her hair is messy. She looks so pretty, it hurts.

"You look pretty." She half whispers.

What?

"Um, thank you." I reply, taking a seat next to her.

Is she okay?

"You know, you can see so many more stars out here away from the city. I've always wanted to get out of the city. Don't get me wrong, I love New York but it's so fucking loud all the time. It's nice to have some quiet." She tells me.

I look away from her to the black sky that's decorated with a crescent moon and bright white stars.

"Are you okay, Aurora?" She's talking more than normal.

She giggles. "It's just funny. I love the moon and her stars so much but the universe that created them hates me."

What the fuck is going on?

Before I can ask her to elaborate she continues, "My father and I were never really close. I always knew he never wanted me to take over his cartel. He taught me how to kill, how to fight, how to hide, you know the things you need to know if you want to survive in this world, but that was it. He would tell me he was proud of me but he always said it with such a bored tone, it hurt more than I made me feel happy. I've made peace with the fact you're gonna kill him but I just ask one thing of you,"