34 || War Is Over

song: take me to church - hozier

.....

aurora moretto

two months later

"What's wrong with you?"

Alice stops in her tracks, hand still on the front door knob. She takes in my state. Fingers massaging my temples, wine glass in hand and papers strewn across the living room.

"Matteo and I are fighting." I down the rest of my glass of wine.

Matteo huffs from the kitchen, where Seb and him are going over the blueprints for the new house. "We're not fighting, I just refuse to build an outside bedroom enclosure in our home just for a cat."

"Why not? She could watch the birds!" I defend. It's a great idea.

He snorts. "I'll build one for you but I'm not building a room with a hole in the wall for a litter box."

I flip him off. "Enjoy fucking your hand because that's all you're gonna have."

His head snaps up to me, fear in his eyes. "Damn," Sebatian whistles.

Matteo clears his throat, turning his head back to the blueprint Sebatian and him are going over. "Add the fucking hole in the wall."

That's what I thought.

"I can't believe you actually did this," Alice grabs my wrist and inspects my tattoo.

I smile at the memory.

"Please tell me."

Matteo sighs from beside me. "No."

I can't see him currently. I have direct orders to stay very still while the artist works. Laying on my back, the only thing I can see is the white ceiling. Which sucks because Matteo is getting a tattoo right next to me and I can't know what he's getting.

"Is it a face tattoo?" I grimace at the thought.

"No."

I purse my lips. "Is it-"

He groans. "Aurora baby, shhh."

Huffing, I close my eyes and try to focus on the pain instead. I'm getting Matteo's name tattooed on the side of my wrist.

If we break up, I'm gonna be so pissed.

"Stop thinking about us breaking up." My eyes snap open.

"How the fuc-"

The sound of hands clapping together cuts me off. "I'm all done." My artist wipes off the excess ink and lifts my wrist to show me. I smile. "I love it, thank you."

My hope was that Matteo wouldn't notice me sitting up and I'd get a peak at his tattoo but there's a curtain covering most of his body.

Matteo turns his head to me and curls his fingers, signaling for me to show him. I place my wrist in his hand and he inspects it. "He spelt my name with one T instead of two."

My heart drops. When I look at the tattoo again, I smack him. "I'm gonna kill you."

The only response I get is a chuckle before he grabs my wrist and places a kiss on the tattoo. "Ti amo."

"Ti amo di più." (I love you more)

He rolls his eyes. "Impossibile, ti amo di più." His accent is strongest when he speaks Italian and if it doesn't get me going.. (Impossible, I love you the most.)