23 || Hell Into Heaven

song: helium by sia

.....

aurora moretto

My eyes flutter open, the sun blinding me as soon as I do.

I turn over to cuddle into Matteo but my hands find cold sheets. Huffing in annoyance, I sit up and reach for my phone. I stop short when I see the white roses waiting on my night stand. 

How did he know they're my favorite?

Picking up the vase, I open the card.

Text me when you wake, I'll send breakfast. 
I wouldn't be mad if you interrupted one of my meetings today, just saying.

My face breaks out in a huge smile and I roll my eyes. Then I pull out my phone and text him.

kidnapper

thank you for the flowers baby

Please come interrupt this meeting before my body count multiplies. 

you're texting me during a meeting?

I'm Matteo Verrati, I do what I want.

cocky ass.

I roll my eyes again and stand up, laughing softly. 

Despite the tough week I've had, I want to slip back into my normal routine so for a sense of normalcy, I do my full morning self care. And take my phone with me.

After my body is nice and wet from the shower, I cross my right leg over my pussy, cover my nipples with my arm, angle my phone down and take a picture to tease Matteo. 

Giggling like a teenager, I hit send. My phone beeps but I ignore it, continuing my shower.  

An hour later, my self care routine is completed and I'm dressed. I finally check my message from Matteo.

I'm gonna spank your ass for that, tease.

promises, promises

Matteo told me earlier he sent breakfast and it's waiting for me. Walking downstairs, my heart stops when I see Alice sitting on the couch, next to a cart full of breakfast foods.

"Room service!" Alice beams but she has a bitter look on her face.

Alice didn't come see me in the hospital or come over since but I know that Sebastian told her. "Alice.." 

She stands. "How could you?" She asks simply. 

I don't say anything, feeling so fucking ashamed. Matteo wasn't easy to face but Alice is even harder. She lost one sister to suicide and almost lost another.

"After what Alyssa did? How- Why. Why did you.." Her voice breaks. 

Tears well in my eyes as I watch Alice break apart. She deserves a reason. "I saw mama." I blurt out.

Alice's head snaps to me and her brows furrow. "What?" She whispers.

"You know how Seb told you I was seeing things?" I walk over to her and pull her down beside me on the couch. She nods weakly at my question. "I was visiting mom's grave and I saw her.. burnt body. I don't want to tell you much because I don't want to ruin your last image of her but it was bad. So fucking awful" I shake my head, trying to shake the memory from my mind. "Just please know, I wasn't trying to end my life. I wasn't thinking clearly at that moment. Just for a minute, I thought that's what I wanted but I changed my mind. I said this to Matteo and I'll say it to you, if I had wanted to end my life, I would've shot myself but I didn't."