"I wish we could just stay here forever"

They arrive at Joao's house. They both get out of the car, he opens the door for Ellie and they both walk inside. 

Ellie yawns "I didn't realize how far that place was and it's already 9, i'm so tired can we go lay in your room please" she asks. 

"Yeah you can go up now I need to do something first then i'll be up there" Joao says. Ellie heads to his room.

Joao goes into his office and sits down at his computer, he opens his emails to see his manager sent him the world cup schedule. 

He opens it and see's his has to leave in 2 months for Qatar on November 16th. He put's the date into his calendar and starts heading upstairs.

He walks in to see Ellie scrunched up in his blankets cover her head, "It's so cold!" she says under the covers.

Joao laughs as he puts on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and climbs under the covers and wraps his arms around Ellie. 

Joao shuts off the lights and puts on a movie. Ellie is watching and he plays with her hair. 

"What are you thinking about El." he says to her. "I wish we could just stay here like this forever, everything is so calm it makes me happy." she says. 

Joao kisses her cheek, Ellie turns around so her face is in Joao's chest, he wraps his arms around her to get more comfortable. 

"Goodnight cheeky." Ellie says, Joao gives her a weird look. "Um ok your so weird, but goodnight El" he says back.

She smiles and she starts to fall asleep, Joao follows. 

*The next morning* 

It's around 10am there both still asleep in Joao's room. Until Ellie's phone starts ringing.

She wakes up and grabs her phone "Hello?" she says half asleep. 

"Hello Ellie my name is Jimmy Page and i'm one of the producers for the world cup premiere, and I was wondering if you were free tomorrow so we can go over some stuff?". 

"Oh hi! and yes of course i'm free what time would you like to meet and where?" she asks. 

"I'll send you the address of my studio, and what time. I'll see you soon Ellie!" he hangs up the phone. 

Ellie sets her phone down "HOLY SHIT!" she screams. Joao jumps out "What!' he shouts back. 

"Oh sorry Joao, it's just Jimmy Page who is this huge producer called me about the show for the world cup and he wants to meet me tomorrow to talk about stuff!" she says.

"Holy shit El that's great!" he says, "I know I mean I can't believe it this is what i've dreamed of since I was a kid!" she says.

"I'm so proud of you." Joao says, Ellie smiles and kisses him. Joao pulls away "I love you." he says to her. 

*Ellies pov*

Holy shit. Did he just say I love you to me? It's too early right?

I mean we just started dating a week ago but we have known each other for about a month so maybe it's not that weird?

I can tell Joao feels awkward about what just happened he won't make eye contact with me. 

"I'm sorry I feel like it's too early for me to say something like that yet" I say to him. 

"No it's ok don't worry about it, it's my fault I shouldn't of said that." he says, still not making eye contact. 

*Joao's pov* 

Shit. I shouldn't of said that it was probably too early. It's just things feel so right when I'm with her it just felt like the right thing to say. 

But I also don't wanna take it back because I meant what I said, I'm in love with her.

But I'm not forcing her too say it back, she can take her own time too if she ever feels the same way as me. 

"Are you hungry?" I ask trying to make things not so awkward. 

"Yeah sure." she says to me and she starts to head downstairs. Fuck I just ruined this whole day between us. 

*Back to 3rd person pov*

Ellie is sitting on the couch and Joao is making her breakfast, they haven't really had a conversation since what Joao said earlier. 

"Your food's ready." he says. She gets up and sits at the kitchen counter "Thanks.".

About 20 minutes later she finishes her food, "Joao I think i'm gonna head home and just chill for the rest of the day." she says to him. 

"Oh ok, call me later?" he says, she nods and she grabs her bags and head out to her car. 

She gets into her car and immediately dials Emma's number as she drives away. 

"Hey girlie what's up!" Emma says, "You will not guess what just happened." Ellie says. 

"What?" Emma asks, "Joao said the L word." she says. 

"You mean like I love you?" she asks, "Yes! I mean he literally said I love you to me!" she yells. 

"Holy shit El, did you say it back?", "No I don't know if that's what i'm feeling about Joao just yet you know?". 

"Well let me ask you this, do you feel safe with him?" Emma asks, "I mean yeah of course I do.". 

"Do you see a future with him El?" she asks. "I don't know, it's like do I want to deal with being threaten for my whole life just because of a boy? I don't know." she says too Emma. 

"Well like I said before, don't let social media control you. Who cares if they hate you, if you're happy with Joao that's all that matters." Emma says. 

"I am happy, but it might be something I can't deal with forever.".