"It's my fault"

Ellie ignores all the notifications because she has to go to her lesson or she will be late. 

*Back at Joao's house* 

Joao picks up his phone and the first thing he see's is a text from Cristiano saying he needs to check instagram. 

He opens his phone and see's a picture of him and Ellie walking to the beach. "Oh shit this is not good.". 

He decides to call Cristiano, his phone starts ringing. Cristiano picks up, "Joao did you see what happened!?". 

"Yes I know, do you think people are going to start coming for Ellie?". "Joao I hate to say this but she could possibly get death threats for your fans who are basically in love with you.". 

"Shit you're probably right, I would tell her but she's at her singing lesson right now". Joao sets his phone and the counter and puts his hands in his face. 

"I don't know what I'm gonna do, what if she doesn't wanna see me anymore because of the hate.". Joao says. 

"Joao you need to calm down and text Ellie that she needs to come over later so you can explain everything to her, ok?". Joao agrees with Cristiano and eventually ends the call. 

Joao sits down overthinking every possible thing that can go down hill from this moment.

*2 hours later, Ellie goes back into her car from the lesson*

"Ok I should check what all those notifications were now.". Ellie opens her phone to see the first message saying she should kill her self and that she doesn't deserve Joao. 

"What the actually fuck?". Ellie begins to read more and more messages telling her she said die and that she's ugly. 

The more she see's, she starts to feel water around her eyes. "Why is this happening to me? I did nothing wrong.".

She can't help but start crying, she finally felt like she met the boy for her but all she is getting is death threats from it. 

As she reads more, she starts to cry even more. She hears her phone vibrate and looks down to see Joao sent her a text. 

She wipes her face, and opens the text saying that he needs her to come over later. She responds with ok and sets her phone back down. 

Ellie try's to get her mind off from what she read so she puts on one of her favorite songs to calm her down.

*play song now* 

As the songs starts playing she realizes it's about to make her even cry more but she can't turn it off because she's driving on a highway. 

Tears slowly fall from her face, she starts to get flashbacks from when she was in middle school and girls body shamed her so much but she was always scared to stand up with them so she dealt with it for years. 

She has tears running down her face, she drives to Emma's house because she needs her best friend. 

She arrives at her house, and walks up to the door knocking. Emma opens the door. "Omg what happened!". 

Ellie doesn't say anything but she just hugs Emma, "Is this about Joao?".

"Not really, but yes.". Ellie walks into the living room as Emma shuts the door. "El please tell me what happened.". 

"Well someone found out about me and Joao and posted a picture about it and now everyone is sending me death threats and telling me I don't deserve Joao because i'm so ugly.".

She begins to cry again and Emma hugs her tight, "I'm so sorry El.". 

Ellie continues to cry, "He wanted me to come over, I think it's about this." she explains too Emma. 

"Do you want to go?" she asks Ellie. "Yes but at the same time I don't want him to see me like this.". 

"As your best friend El i'm telling you that you need to go, he's probably worried about you.". Ellie knows she's right.

"Fine but can I use your makeup remover to take off this mascara?". Emma nods and Ellie heads into the bathroom. 

She looks into the mirror to see the mascara running down her face , she starts to tear up but holds it back and starts to rub the makeup off. 

*20 minutes later* 

She arrives to his house. Before she gets out of the car she puts her hood up incase anyone sees her. She goes to the door and knocks. 

Joao opens it, he could tell by her eyes that she was crying. He shuts the door behind her and hugs her tightly. 

He whispers in her ear "I'm so sorry El you don't deserve any of this.". Ellie can't help but cry again. 

"Lets go into my room El." Joao grabs her hand and they walk upstairs to his room. 

He lays down on his bed and motions Ellie to come lay with him. She doesn't wanna lay down so she sits on the bed.

"Are you mad at me?". Joao asks, "No I just don't know what to do about this, like how do you stop people from sending you fucking death threats!". She yells. 

"Oh shit i'm sorry Joao I didn't mean to yell.". "It's ok this is my fault I deserved to be yelled at.". He says. 

Ellie looks up at to see he try's to look away because he begins to tear up, she lays on him and wraps her arms around him. 

They sit there in silence, enjoying each others comfort. But they don't know that this is just the beginning.