"I love you"

Ellies pov:

It was the final game. Portugal had made it, I just finished performing the final ceremony. Now i'm sitting in the box with Cristiano's family, I would sit with João's but they couldn't make it. 

"Ellie i'm really nervous about the game, it's my dads final chance to win a world cup." Ronaldo Jr says to me. 

"He's gonna do great! We have to have faith in Portugal ok?". "Ok Ellie.".

I sat with Ronaldo Jr again since I know he was going to be very nervous about this game, and Georgina was already busy with the little ones.

I talked to João this morning, he seemed ok but I think he's probably really nervous right now.

"Ellie, Ronaldo Jr do you guys want anything to drink?" Georgina asks as she's about to get drinks. 

"I'll have a water!" I say, "Can I have a lemonade mom?". 

She nods and heads to get the drinks, Cristiano's mom is with the little kids. 

"Ellie look theirs your boyfriend!" Ronaldo Jr points to João on the field. 

"He's not my boyfriend.". 

"He will be!" Ronaldo Jr smiles at me, I laugh as I watch João practicing on the field. 

"Brazil is a very good team, this game is going to be tough especially for Portugal.".

Ronaldo Jr mentions, I can tell he's really getting nervous.

"Look they beat France! Who won the last world cup, I think they have a chance at this.".

"Hopefully you're right Ellie.".

As time goes by the players finally head back into the locker rooms to prepare for the first kickoff. 

I start to get nervous, João deserves this so much. I really hope Portugal wins. 

*20 minutes later* 

Both teams had sang their national anthem and now it's time for the first kickoff, João was starting again so he's on the field. 

The whistle blows, Brazil started with the ball. 

*45 minutes later* 

It's the end of the first half, Portugal is losing 0-1. I really hope they can score in the second half, let's hope Santos has a plan. 

"Ellie I can't watch this anymore, I feel sick!" Ronaldo Jr says as he put's his head on my shoulder. 

"Your gonna be ok I promise! Let's pray that Portugal can come back ok?".

"Ok Ellie!" Ronaldo Jr starts to pray to himself. 

Half time is finally over, Portugal started with the ball second half. The whistle blows and the half begins. 

*75th minute* 

João gets a handle of the ball, he runs down the field and finds an opening to pass it too Ronaldo. 

Ronaldo tries to score but he can't seem to find an opening, he looks over at João to see he has a perfect shot. 

Oh shit. He's gonna let João score.

Ronaldo passes it to João, he then gets passed one of the players and shoots the ball into the goal. 

"GOAALLLLL BY JOÃO FÉLIX! THIS COULD HELP PORTUGAL WIN!". 

Our whole box jumps up screaming, "Ellie João scored! This is so good, we have a closer chance of winning!" Ronaldo Jr screams in excitement. 

*94th minute* 

There was 6 minutes added of extra time, the game is still tied 1-1 if no one scores we go into penalties. 

Cristiano get's the ball, he runs down the field. One of the brazil players can't get the ball from him. 

I close my eyes. Then that's when I hear. 

"SUIIIII RONALDO SCORED! PORTUGAL WINS THE WORLD CUP!". 

"ELLIE! WE WON!", Ronaldo Jr and I jump up in down in excitement. 

I run up to hug Georgina, "Ellie this is great!". "I know! I can't believe they won!".

Ronaldo Jr comes up to us, "Come on guys let's go on the field I want to see my dad!". 

"Ok hold on Jr we need to get all your siblings!" Georgina says. 

Georgina and Ronaldo Jr get all of the little ones, I help out and hold Alana as we head to the field. 

"Are you ready to see your dad Alana?", "Yes I give him a hug!". 

I swear Georgina and Ronaldos kids are the cutest like I hope my kids are this sweet. 

We make it to the field, there's a ton of people on it. 

It's gonna be hard to find Cristiano and João. "Ellie I see Cristiano he's over there!" Georgina points as I follow her with Alana. 

I put down Alana and they all run to Cristiano. Aww look at how cute their family is. 

Ronaldo Jr points at me then to the other direction, I look over to see João in the distance. 

He looks like he's looking for the something.

I decide to scare him since it's easy because of how many people are on the field. 

I run behind him and jump on his back, "Hey!". 

He turns around really quick, "Omg Ellie you scared me! But we won!". 

"I know i'm so happy for you!" I pull João in for a hug. 

I'm really happy for him, he deserved this so much. And I know he wanted to win this Cristiano as well.

 I pull away from the hug, "This is crazy I can't believe we actually beat Brazil Ellie!". 

"I know Ronaldo Jr was so nervous about this game.". 

Out of nowhere cannons of confetti burst out on the field, in the colors green and red. 

I look over at João as he is already looking at me. 

He wraps his hands around my waist, as I put mine around his neck. 

"I love you Ellie.". 

"I love you too João Félix.". 

We kiss, after all these months with João he's the man I want to spend my life with. 

The end. 

-

-

-

Heyyy I hope you guys enjoyed this story! This was my first one so that explains if I messed up with certain things. I will be starting my story soon, I might start it after christmas but i'm not sure yet. I'll see what happens because I still don't know what it's going to be about. Thank you guys for reading my story, I hope you read the next one 😁