"Cause I'm here with you"

Ellies pov: 

"Give me like 20 minutes then i'll be back down!", I say to João as I walk into the hotel i'm staying at. 

I told João not to come in because then I would just take longer. 

"Emma are you here?", I open the door to our room. I don't hear a response. 

Guess she isn't here. I place my bag down on the counter and go grab a outfit from my suitcase. 

I don't wanna wear something too fancy since we're gonna be walking around for a while in town. 

(The outfit she is wearing) 

My hairs a mess but i'll just put a hat over my braids and will be fine

I put a little light makeup on, and start to head downstairs to João's car. 

"João can you unlock the door!", I knock on the window. He looks up frightened I must've scared him?

He unlocks it and I get inside the car, "Did I scare you?". "Yes! You very much did.". 

"Your such a baby anyways lets go I can't wait to see the city!". 

"Ok ok!", João starts driving to the city. Luckily for us the hotel is right by the city so it won't take long to get there. 

*5 minutes later* 

"Ok so i'm gonna park in a lot and we can just walk around if that's ok with you?", "Yeah sounds good João". 

I can't stop looking at the city, God it's so beautiful. I never wanna leave this place, i'm so glad I still have 4 weeks here. Let's hope it's the same thing for João. 

He finally parks and we both get out of the car, "Hold on Ellie let me put a hat and sun glasses on.".

I'm guessing he doesn't want anyone to notice him since we're out in public. 

"Ok let's go!", João holds my hand as we begin to walk around the city. 

We walk around for a little while until a see an ice cream shop.

"João can we get ice cream?", "Yeah sure, let's go!". 

We go into the shop, nice there's barley anyone in here. 

"Hi can I have one scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream please!", the lady at the counter nods. 

I let João go infront of me so he can order, "Um can I get one scoop of cookie dough please thanks.". 

We wait for our ice cream, "Ellie I cannot believe you like mint chocolate chip, that's like eating toothpaste!". 

"How does it taste like toothpaste? I hate when people say that, it's not true.". 

"Well personally Ellie it does taste like toothpaste. I really don't know how you like that stuff.".

"Your annoying." I say as the lady finally hands us our ice cream. "Thank you!" I say as João and I leave the shop. 

I start to eat the ice cream, holy shit this is the best ice cream i've ever tasted. 

"This is so good, how is your's?" I ask João as he's literally gobbling down his ice cream. 

"It's the best cookie dough ice cream i've ever had.". 

"I can tell by you literally eating it all in like a minute.". 

I don't understand how someone can eat something that fast and not throw up. 

"Oo Ellie! Let's go into that shop!" João puts to the jewelry shop. 

"Why do you want to go in there?", "Isn't it obvious Ellie I want to buy you something?". 

"Ay free jewelry lets go!" João laughs as we head inside of the shop. 

"Do you want earrings or a necklace?", "Hmm I think I have enough earrings so I guess a necklace.". 

He nods and starts to look around the shop, I look around as well. 

The jewelry is so pretty. I might buy something for my mom while we are here. 

I think I should get her a bracelet, since she loves to wear them. 

"Excuse me do you have any silver bracelets?" I ask the guy at the counter. 

He points to the corner of the store, he must not speak english that well. 

"Thank you!", I head to the corner to see a bunch of silver bracelets. 

I look around and find the perfect one. Omg she is going to love this!

"Ellie are you almost done?" I turn around to see João already bought mine. 

"Yes let me pay for this bracelet I'm getting for my mom.". 

I go up to the counter a pay for the bracelet, the guy gives me a smile as I give him one back. 

João and I continue to walk around the city, after a while João and I head to the beach to sit down. 

"How did you like the city Ellie?", "It was amazing, I love Qatar it's such a beautiful place!". 

"I'm glad you like it.". 

João puts his arm around me, I lay my head on his shoulder. 

"I hope you get to stay here as long as I do. Because if you don't it's gonna be so boring here.". 

"I know, I have faith that Portugal can make it to the final.".

I look at João to see his has a smile on his face, "Why are you smiling?".

"Because i'm here with you Ellie.". 

That made my heart skip a beat. I swear he must've learned how to compliment a girl from someone good. 

I lift my head from his shoulder, we both look at each other for a second and then João leans in for a kiss. 

We kiss. It's not aggressive or anything, it's a nice simple kiss between João and I. 

He pulls away. I rest my head back on his shoulder.

Everything seems so perfect. I really hope everything works out between João and I. 

-

-

-

Hola guys, so i'm gonna try to post another chapter today because I want to finish the book completely so I can start thinking about my new book! I'm probably going to fast forward that Portugal made it to the final. So if I don't post another chapter today then it will definitely be posted tomorrow then 🤞