Character Introduction: Valentina

Name: Valentina Isabella von Carstein
Born: Pre 976
Species: Pure-Blood Witch / Vampire
Gender: Female
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Naturally of a goldish colour
Age: 1000+ years old but has the appearance of a 16-19-year-old teen.
Parents: Vlad von Carstein and Isabella von Carstein
Wand: Snakewood with a Thestral Tail Hair Core

Parents: Vlad von Carstein and Isabella von CarsteinWand: Snakewood with a Thestral Tail Hair Core

Additional Notes

Additional Notes

You may have noticed it above but Valentina was actually a normal witch once. As with any other, she was destined to grow up under the tutelage of the seniors of her time and yet all it'd take was a series of unfortunate events for the course of her life to be permanently altered. 

It all started when she ignored her parents' instructions which specifically forbade her from going over to the Slytherin household's home without supervision. It wasn't that they didn't trust their neighbours but they knew that Salazar was hiding something and having grown up with the man, they knew very well how far he'd go to protect what is his. Valentina wouldn't listen, however, a child's curiosity getting the better of her as she crossed the fence separating the two yards. 

Contrary to her parents' words, she wasn't immediately flailed and displayed as a warning for further trespassers but rather nothing happened. Emboldened, she continued further and further until she came across a most peculiar sight. 

To her knowledge, there were no girls of her age in the Slytherin household and yet here was a little girl playing by herself. She watched as the girl seemingly brought mud dolls to life with a flick of the wrist and was fascinated. Stepping out from the shadows, she attempted to greet the girl but the poor child was frightened senseless. 

The child in question, a young Cassandra, was so frightened that she hid behind her outstretched palms which in turn blasted magical energy at her supposed foe. Valentina didn't even have the time to yelp in surprise before being bathed in magic. By the time the light cleared, what once was had been undone and a new being had taken its place. 

Valentina, for better or worse, was now linked by blood to her new master who quickly learnt she had complete authority. It would be some time before the full extent of what occurred was realised, however, but when both families learnt that Valentina was no longer human, her parents sought to take revenge against the Slytherins. 

Aiming to strike where it hurt the most, they found out about the secret daughter and aimed for her but soon found themselves cursed with a similar affliction to that of their daughter as the entire von Carstein bloodline was cursed with vampirism. Valentina, on the other hand, found herself more and more dependent on her newfound master's blood for survival and the latter was not particularly keen on the idea.

If not for Cassandra's mother, Valentina would have likely died but she convinced her daughter to take responsibility and as such Valentina was able to drink just enough of her master's blood to survive during her transitionary period. Once the period had passed, however, she deeply regretted her actions and since then has been rather reluctant to drink from Cassandra as even feeding a little from her master was (at the time) enough to drastically affect her health due to her body not producing blood at a fast enough rate to recover without the aid of magic.

The two, for better or worse, grew up as sisters under Cassandra's mother's caring eye and by the time Celeste died and Cassandra was sealed away by her grieving father, they'd become inseparable having formed a bond much tighter than even ones forged through blood.

That said, it should be noted that while Cassandra loves Valentina as a sister, Valentina's love for Cassandra goes quite a bit further. She's been suppressing her feelings for centuries but ultimately, Cassandra will always be her first love.