Ch27: Regroup

Emilia Snyde's POV:

A bright flash clears to reveal we're suspended in air, mere moments before the entire train crashes down onto the plains below. No one suffers significant damage but even without added discussion, there isn't a doubt in my mind as to the cause of this situation.

The train had been under attack prior to the sudden change in our location. What's more, the attackers had demanded "her" presence. I doubt they were able to find her so quickly but...

Me: We need to check on her.

The other members of Slytherin stand resolutely, wands at the ready but before we can exit the cabin someone steps in.

Valentina: Is everyone okay?

Me: Yeah...

Valentina: Good. I want you to secure the area. As much as I'd like to leave right away, we are currently unable to do so-

Me: Is the mistress okay?

Valentina: She...she's not well at the moment. As such, we'll all need to come together to protect her should we be found.

The others seem resolute as they begin making their way to the outside but as I go after them, Valentina grabs my arm.

Valentina: Cabin 33.

Me: Huh?

Valentina: She's in Cabin 33. Knock three times before entering.

Ohh...I see what she's doing here. I never expected her to...well, never mind.

Me: Thank you.

I run as I hurriedly make my way towards my mistress' side.

Cassandra's POV:

Uggghhh!!! My head...

A voice seemingly responds to my sudden movement but the words a garbled thus making it impossible to make out anything. Someone takes hold of my hand, squeezing it gently as they try to communicate with me but to no avail.

...

...

...

????: Cass-

...

...

...

????: Cassandra!

Why are they screaming in my ear?

????: She's not waking up! It's been three days now and she still hasn't shown any signs of recovery. Perhaps we should-

????: No! If we reach out for aid, the Death Eaters will learn of our location and swarm down on top of us. We can't risk her safety while she's in this state.

????: But if she dies due to not receiving treatment then what does it matter if the Death Eaters find us or not?

????: I-

Me: Do you guys mind?

All at once, their voices fall silent. I open my eyes to see who's arguing since my brain still fails to attach faces or names to the voices but my vision is also lacking as everything appears blurred.

A shadow leans forward as something damp touches my forehead.

????: How are you feeling?

I don't immediately respond, taking time to think about the question seriously but ultimately failing to come up with a suitable response. Apart from my vision and hearing, I feel somewhat confused but otherwise fine. However, if I were to simply say that I felt fine that would most definitely be a lie.