Friendship Cup Day 5: Resolves Decides Your Fate

"Will Ren ever wake up?" I pondered.

Euterpe patted my head and give a soft smile. "He will. It might take time, but he will. I've seen the medical team. The Council Lady did not hold back when she claims she'll do anything she can to help him."

That's... that's good.

Ren deserves nice things.

Especially after... after...

Whatever that was...

"I can't believe such foul creature exist." Yuya sighed from where he's lying down on the couch. "I mean, what the fuck is that thing?! I was here, far away from the stadium, and I can feel its repulsive aura!"

Repulsive doesn't even start it...

"At least it was not the boss." Celestial look ill. "If the Servant alone is that terrible, I can't imagine how bad the boss is."

The... boss? You mean there's worse ones out there?!

"The Earthbound Immortals." For some reason the word send chill down my spine. "I don't know all the details. Just that calling them Evil Gods would be apt. And the fact they're might posing as trouble so we should hope one doesn't make appearance."

Really?

"As I said, I don't know all the details. And don't bother asking Black Rose. Odd Eyes tried to ask her, and she was reduced into gibberish rage. Apparently, she really really REALLY hates the Earthbound Immortals. Like, they were sworn enemy or something. Or maybe they are?"

Floren-nee's dragon?

"Hey," speak of the devil and here she come. "You guys ready for tomorrow?"

The Tournament give us one day of break before resuming into the second round.

"...maybe?" I muttered. "Why?"

"The list of duelists for second round are already out. If the first round is randomized, starting from second round, we follow bracket formatting. You should have got message in your duel disk."

Yuya and I quickly check it out... and yes. We got it.

"I'm in the last day. Against Serena."

"Tough luck to that feral kitty."

"Don't make me do Deus Ex Machina and kick your ass."

"Hush, both of you." Yuya shushed them. "What about you, Yuzu?"

"First day. Against Kurosaki."

This... will be tough. Kurosaki's tactic is hitting hard and hitting fast, and I think his monster has ability that make itself stronger the more he's cornered. Not to mention ability to hit all special summoned monster opponent control.

On other word, swarming tactic is going to fail, if not outright benefiting him.

Except for Bloom Diva, but I think he has way to counter Fusion. He should have, if he hates Fusion oh so much.

"Will you be alright?"

I smiled.

"I... may going to show my hands sooner than I expected."

Metagaming is a thing, and Euterpe helped me fixing hole in my strategy.

And Kurosaki is not without his fault.

I think I stands a chance. And if not? I'll make him work for the victory.

.

"Hi, Yuzu!"