Friendship Cup Day 9 Part 2: Monochrome Hope

Do Your Best

Yuto send that message to me.

I sighed.

There was still some time before my duel. The officials are not taking chances after what Sergey did, so they do inspections to the duel tracks. Giving me more time to prepare.

I've fought Yugo before. In that Tag-Duel. He proves to be difficult opponent, for someone who cannot keep cool head and majorly relies on luck.

And Luck is a factor of Victory. Drawing requires luck unless I got searcher on hand and field. fuck. I fucking remember what a pain it was to get the right card on field before I completed my Raidraptor Archetype.

I was kind of jealous at Ruri, whose Lyrilusc Monster can easily swarm the field and create devastating combo. But, that was make dueling her a fun challenge.

All the more reason to bring her back.

Stupid Lancer. Stupid Plan. Why we didn't storm to Fusion Dimension right off the bat instead wasting time here?! If we get there fast, Ruri would already be with me here!

Right. Finish this whole hullabaloo then go to Fusion. Think of it like duel phase. Draw and Standby and main phase before I can attack. Alright.

Time to face the music.

.

"Welcome to the second duel of Round Four!"

I tune out the peppy girl. She just hyping people up and declaring the name. Not important or relevant.

(I used to dream to become Pro. This should make me happy, but Ruri was not here and my home is in ruins, there's no way this is enjoyable.

Perhaps if everything was over and get back to how things used to be...)

"Ready! Set! Turbo Duel – Accelerate!"

We both hit the gas, trying to overtake one another.

Yugo won.

Huh.

So this time I get the second turn. Interesting.

"My turn! I summon Speedroid Stilts Horse!"

Speedroid Stilts Horse | Level 4 | Wind

Machine / Effect

ATK 1100 / DEF 1100

"Speedroid Stilts Horse's effect activates! I special summon Speedroid Gumprize!"

Speedroid Gumprize | Level 1 | Wind

Machine / Tuner / Effect

DEF 800 / ATK 0

"I tune level 1 Speedroid Gumprize and Level 4 Speedroid Stilts Horse! Synchro Summon! Level 5! Hi-Speedroid Chanbara!"

Hi-Speedroid Chanbara | Level 5 | Wind

Machine / Synchro / Effect

ATK 2000 / DEF 1000

"Since Speedroid Gumprize is used as Synchro Material, I can send top card of my deck to the graveyard, and if it was Speedroid monster, The Synchro monster gains 1000 attack!"

The card was sent and...

Hi-Speedroid Chanbara ATK 2000 --> 3000

"I set one card and end my turn!"

That monster. Is he anticipating me summoning Rise Falcon or Revolution Falcon?

Interesting.

"My turn. Draw." With this starting hand... Fine. "I summon Vanishing Lanius and activate its effect to summon Napalm Dragonius from my hand, then I activate Napalm Dragonius' effect and deals 600 damage."