Chapter 12

Sejin looked at the 13 inch screen in front of him. His eyes felt tired since he hadn't been able to sleep for more than an hour before another nightmare would wake him. Ever time he closed his eyes he had the same dream: the detective called him that they found a new video, but this time one of the boy had been killed. So it was safe to say that the manager was dreaded what the detective would show him this time. He knew that nightmares weren't real, but he couldn't shake off the fear that maybe one day they would turn into reality.

"Like I told you on the phone, my team had found two videos but I just got a call that they found another one. I haven't seen the last one yet" detective Lee said when he came back into the small office with a closed phone in his hands. Sejin didn't know if he should be relieved or terrified that they found more footage. "Let's begin with the first one though" the older man sighed and opened the first video on the laptop.

The two men looked at the small screen and watched how Yoongi was standing in front of Taehyung, whose bare back was turned to the camera. Sejin's eyes widened when the smaller member was handed a whip and he didn't have to hear the kidnapper's explanation what was going on. The manager subconsciously shifted in his chair when the first whip mark was seen on Taehyung's back. And soon the smooth skin was covered with multiple red lines covering the whole area. It was hard to watch, but it turned out that it could become even worse when Taehyung started to whimper. The innocent but painful sounds were the only thing they heard since the other boys were told to be quiet otherwise the torture would be extended.

Sejin felt proud when he saw how well Yoongi was handling the situation. The rapper was going as fast as possible so Taehyung would suffer less than needed. But everyone had a breaking point, and for Yoongi it was when the younger one started to beg. Begging him to stop, not knowing that his hyung couldn't without hurting him even more. The manager wanted to cry, so badly, but he didn't have any tears left after crying more than once today.

"No, no please" he whispered when the kidnapper announced that the torture was extended with 5 more whips. Sejin's eyes were unfocused for the rest of the video, only noticing Taehyung's cries coming from the laptop's speakers. Eventually the horrible sounds of the whipping stopped and a second later the video ended.

"Why?" Sejin asked desperately and looked at the detective for answers "Why? They're just boys" The older man looked sadly at the man sitting next to him. He wished he could answer the questions, but he couldn't.

"Let's take a break and continue after 10 minutes?" the detective proposed, but the manager shook his head. "No, I'm fine. Just... Get the next one" he sighed, since he knew that 2 more videos were waiting for him.

The second video started and a new duo was seen. Namjoon stood anxiously in front of Hoseok, with his pants pulled down so the scare on his thigh was visible. Sejin was confused at first because the situation was more chaotic than the previous one. The sunshine member was on the verge of panicking since the start of the video and neither men knew why. When the cigarette came into view, the manager gasped.

"This can't be happening" Sejin said when he saw that one of the kidnappers gave Namjoon the cigarette. But the boy was started to panic as bad as Hoseok and the manager wandered how the burning object was still in his hands since he was shaking that bad. The patience of the attackers was wearing thin because they took the cigarette from the boy's hands when he was taking too long to get started. And when the screams started, Sejin felt somewhat relieved that the man had taken over from Namjoon. He had heard Jungkook scream and Taehyung beg, but the sounds of coming from Hoseok were different. He couldn't explain it, but he felt his bones turning cold but his nerves felt on fire.