Chapter 15

It was the first time that Sejin was relieved to hear that they found a new video. He knew that they were missing one, an important one since the men in the small police office didn't know how some of the boys were more injured. And it seemed like that the kidnappers weren't holding back anymore since the injuries were getting more serious every time.

The detective opened a second laptop that wasn't connected to the large TV screen to open the new video, so they could watch it without closing the live stream. The video was almost downloaded before Sejin noticed a shadow on the floor on the right side of the TV screen and a second later he saw that the kidnappers had returned.

"Wait" he quickly told the other men and pointed at the live stream. The three other men stopped what they were doing and looked back at the screen.

"Ahh thank you" Sejin sighed with relief when he heard Seokjin convince the attackers to clean the other's wounds. He looked at the doctor sitting next to him, who looked approved as well.

"This is good. Seokjin has managed to negotiate with them" the detective said proudly. But their moment of hope and relief was soon vanished when they saw that one of the attackers had returned with salt and lemon juice.

"Those bastards! They just waited for him to ask to clean the wounds!" Sejin yelled and stood up from the couch since he couldn't sit still anymore. "Please don't do it" he said defeated to no one in particular while watching the screen. He saw how Seokjin was surprised as well and begging the men to give them clean water instead. But unfortunately the kidnappers ignored the pleads and decided to untie Taehyung to do the horrible job of cleaning the wounds.

Soon Hoseok's screams were heard from the speakers and it sounded like the boy was being burned again. Sejin wanted to cover his ears with his hands but refused to do so because he didn't want to look weak. The boys were going through much worse so he decided he had to man up. But when one of the attackers was deliberately opening Jungkook's wounds again, he really needed to step away from the TV and take a few deep breaths.

"I'm going to rip their heads off when I find them" Sejin growled. The three other men in the room looked bewildered at the words. The normally calm and reserved manager was losing his temper, but they couldn't blame him. It was already hard for them to watch it, even though they didn't know the boys personally.

When Sejin returned to the couch after calming down, he saw that Seokjin had just finished cleaning Taehyung's back and the oldest boy was being tied up again.

"Hey" the doctor said and placed a hand on the manager's arm to get his attention. "I know it looked and sounded awful, but it was actually a good thing. The salt and lemon juice killed the bacteria in the wounds" Sejin nodded hesitant at the words. He was glad that the torture was slowing down the infections, but he couldn't help be still hear the screams in his head.

"No not you too Yoongi" Sejin said sadly when he saw the rapper faint soon after the torture. The manager rested his elbows on his knees and buried his head in his hands. His hopes of getting the boys safe home were getting slimmer with every hour as the boys were dropping like flies.

"Sejin, the new video... Do you want to watch it? I can watch it in the other room if you don't want to see it right now" the detective asked carefully. The older man eyed the manager worriedly. He knew it was only a matter of time before the younger man would have a mental breakdown. But as expected, Sejin shook his head and told him the start the video.

Sejin let his head drop in his hands again when he saw Jungkook kneeling in front of bucket with water with Seokjin standing next to him. "The doctor is right' he thought. Ever since the doctor had told them that drowning was a possibility, the manager was praying that the professional was wrong despite his years of experience and knowledge. The men were watching how the youngest's head was underwater for at least 20 seconds now and they were waiting until the boy couldn't hold his breath anymore, since they already knew the outcome.