Chapter 27

The past 30 minutes Sejin had stayed next to Jungkook's bed. He kept stroking the boy's hair, face, hands or legs, because he had the constant urge to check if he was indeed still alive. The beeping sound from the heart monitor and the stable rise of his chest gave him the same confirmation, but he just needed to feel for himself.

"Mister Kim?" a female voice was heard. Sejin head shot up and looked over Jungkook's body to see a nurse standing in the doorway.

"There's a doctor looking for you"

The manager nodded and he rose from the chair on which he sat. He gave Jungkook's hand a squeeze and a promise that he would be back soon before he left the room to follow the nurse.

"She is in here" the female said and pointed at a closed door. Sejin thanked the nurse and opened the door hesitant. Another waiting room it seemed, judging by the same familiar setup. On one of the chairs sat a woman around 50 years old with a stethoscope hanging around her neck. She looked tired but when their eyes met she straightened her back and gave Sejin a warm smile.

"You must be the manager, mister Kim" she said and motioned for the man to enter the room. Sejin closed the door a little too rough, causing him to wince at the loud sound it made and quickly sat down on the other side of the table. His nerves had soothed a little bit after sitting with Jungkook for almost half an hour, but they were back at full force again. The medical updates about the first two boys were really concerning, and he hoped, but mostly begged, that the other boys were fairing a lot better.

"I'm doctor Nam and I'm the head doctor of the general ward. I'm here to give you updates on mister Kim, mister Park and mister Min. I've heard there're also two members in the ICU, am I right?"

"Yeah Hoseok and Jungkook" Sejin answered, but he corrected himself when he noticed that the medical personnel kept addressing them by their last names. "Uhm sorry, mister Jung and Jeon"

"I can call them by their first names if you prefer" the woman noticed the slight discomfort coming from the man, so she tried to reassure him in every possible way. Sejin nodded shyly but apologized at the same time for being a bother, but he was stopped by the doctor.

"Don't mention it. You must be really close with the boys, and I can't imagine what you're going through. You can say or ask me anything, okay?" she said. "I will be the main doctor for the boys, or at least the ones that are admitted in the general ward. Hoseok and Jungkook have a different doctor since they're in the ICU, but when they are transferred to the general ward I will be their doctor as well". Sejin continued to nod when the older woman was talking and he already felt some nerves leave his body at the calm and reassuring words.

"Let me start with Taehyung first. As you must know, multiple cuts on his back are infected so we cleaned them and started him on antibiotics. I have spoken with the ICU doctor because is he close to being septic, but we decided to keep in him general ward as long as possible because the ICU will give him more stress. He is now sharing a room with the other two and I think having him around familiar faces is the best for him. We also made a scan of his chest and thankfully nothing is broken but a few ribs are bruised though."

Sejin sighed relieved that at least his scan came back positive, but he knew he couldn't celebrate yet since the boy was still very sick. He prayed that Taehyung wouldn't need to go to the ICU as well, because the doctor was right. The second youngest would definitively freak out and Sejin was wondering if he wasn't already even though he was sharing a room with Yoongi and Jimin.

"Jimin just came out of surgery. They have secured the broken bone with a metal plate and screws. The surgery went well and the doctor who had operated on him is positive that he will regain full function again. We made some extra X-rays and scans of the rest of his body, but other than some bruises we found no other broken bones. The same counts for Yoongi. We made a scan of his shoulder but nothing is broken thankfully."