Chapter 33

"Jimin, when we arrive at the ICU, I'll bring you to the waiting room for a moment because I need to talk to hyung first, okay?" Namjoon said when he and the younger member where in the elevator to reach the third floor. But just like the rest of the morning, the boy barely gave a reaction so when the doors opened he wheeled Jimin to the said room without saying another word.

"Hyung, what's going on? Is the doctor still with Jungkook?" the rapper asked when he reached Yoongi and Seokjin who were standing in front of Hoseok's room. The younger of the two turned around and quickly shushed him before he got too close to the window. He gave the phone to Seokjin so he could guide Namjoon to a more private part of the hallway.

"Kook is fine. He's off the ventilator and Seokjin said he said something, so that's positive" Yoongi started and he could see a weight being lifted from the leader's shoulders. "Oh Yoongi, you had no idea how scared I was when Hobi was freaking out in the group chat. So he has no brain damage?"

"..."

"Yoongi?"

"The doctor couldn't tell... He said that saying one word doesn't exclude brain damage. A neurologist will check him when he's awake"

"Can't they wake him now?" Namjoon asked. The question sounded impatient but his voice was only filled with concern. The past few days had been extremely stressful for everyone, but especially the ones who were conscious to witness everything. So they could all use some positive news after receiving bad ones over and over again, and Namjoon still felt some anxiety left in his chest that he desperately wanted to relieve anytime soon.

"Be patient Joon, I want to know as well but he needs all the rest he can get" the older boy said softly "But hey, they said Hoseok's leg won't need to be amputate!"

"What? Really?" Namjoon's face lit up almost immediately.

"Yes it is. They still want to keep him in isolation, but he's tough, he will manage" but before the leader could get too excited he was stopped when Yoongi continued

"But Namjoon, I'm afraid it's getting all too much for hyung. He had a break down in the waiting room earlier when Tae was brought in" Namjoon felt his blood run cold and looked over the smaller member's shoulder to look at Seokjin. He hadn't noticed it when he saw them, but now he could see the slumped shoulders and the distant look in the older one's face. Hoseok was talking to him, but the phone was hanging useless in his hands. But that wasn't the only thing that made his blood turn down a few degrees. Should he tell Yoongi that he had a panic attack in the bathroom as well? To be honest, he was ready to tell his hyungs when he was on his way to the ICU, because the psychologist from last year had thought him to do so. But how could he burden the second oldest with having another member that was struggling mentally? No, it was just one panic attack and he could handle it on his own. Besides, he was still the leader of the group and that meant that his members were relying on him.

"Joon? You ok?" Namjoon blinked his eyes after staring at Seokjin for a moment and focused back at the rapper who was standing in front of him with a concerned look on his face.

"Yes sorry. I spaced out for a moment"

"Hmm okay, but tell me if something is wrong okay?" Namjoon swallowed at Yoongi's words. It felt like the older one could read his mind, but Namjoon was glad that he gifted with talent for lying.

"Really, I'm fine. But I should go back to Jimin however"

"Jimin is here?" Yoongi asked and the leader could feel another wave of protectiveness coming from the smaller boy. "Yes he's in the waiting room. I will get him, you should go back and check on Seokjin" Namjoon's plan to keep the second oldest from being in the same room with one of the 95-liners succeeded without any problems, and soon he was at Jimin's side without Yoongi.