Scared

Summary: The reader knows about his feelings for his best friend, but how mutual will they be?

Warning: little angsty, kiss, a lot off fluff

It shouldn't escalate into this. So you assured yourself. He was your best friend. He was always there for you when you were feeling bad. He made you happy. You didn't realize at what point your feelings turned from just friendly to romantic. But it definitely wasn't friendship. From your side, of course.

—————————————————

It's been a week since you realized you were in love with a tall boy. Your relationship hasn't changed much. He was still the best person in your life. You were still his best friend. You sat together in all the lessons. After lessons, you listened to music and watched him draw. Everything was fine. And you didn't want to ruin it. You didn't want your feelings to worsen your relationship. No, that's definitely not going to happen. So you assured yourself.

You were sitting on Xavier's bed. As usual, you had to go to his creative studio. But because of the heavy rain, this was not possible. Therefore, it was decided to stay with Xavier and watch some insipid comedy.

"What are you thinking about?" Xavier lay down on the bed and waited for you to follow his example. Your laptop was in his hands, and he was choosing a movie. You were sitting on the other side of the bed. Your thoughtful gaze shifted from Xavier's hands to his shoulders and settled on his expression. Xavier was calm, his eyelashes were fluttering, and his lips were slightly pursed. Your heart beat a little faster in your chest when he looked at you. You slowly looked away and turned your back on him. "Is everything okay? You didn't answer the question." Xavier reached up to your back and stroked your spine with his fingertips. You were slouching a little. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

You shook your head negatively. Pulling a smile, you turned to the boy. "It's okay. I'm sorry I made you worry. " Xavier was definitely not satisfied with your answer, so he pushed the laptop away and sat up on the bed, being right behind you. "You haven't been yourself lately." Xavier put his arm around your shoulders. "I don't think everything is good." You exhaled wearily.

"It's okay. I'm serious." You turned around in his arms so that he could see your expression. "Are you sure?" The boy tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. You abruptly moved away and jokingly pushed Xavier away and sat facing him, bending your legs into the lotus position. "I'm fine. Stop asking."

Xavier was looking at you with slightly narrowed eyes. Probably to be sure to see a hint of a lie in the expression of your face or eyes. "It's just something..."

Xavier immediately perked up and smiled noticeably relaxed. "You know you can tell me everything y/n." You nodded affirmatively. "What is this 'something'?" You exhaled and began to pick up options in your head, as if not to blurt out too much. "Let's just say it's not something, but someone..."

Now Xavier has become even more interested in dialogue. "So who is this someone." You smiled softly when you saw a fox-like smile begin to appear on Xavier's face. "Is that a girl? Is that a guy? Do you like him? Do I know him?". He couldn't wait to find out the answers.

"It's a guy. A very, very nice guy. Xavier nodded. "You know him." You paused and lowered your head down. "I won't tell you anything else."

"Okay, is he cuter than me? Higher?" You rolled your eyes and pinched his arm lightly. Xavier gasped. "Okay, okay, I get it. Only then explain why this nice guy of yours allows you to be in such a depressed state for a whole week." You opened your mouth a little. The gears in your head were working fast, trying to find the answer. Having come up with nothing better, you decided to tell, in your opinion, the truth.

"My love is not reciprocal." Xavier tsked and lightly stroked your knuckles and looked into your eyes, thereby trying to support you. "Then he's a fool. And he definitely doesn't deserve you." You let out a little laugh. "I'm serious. You're gorgeous."A slight half-smile spread on your lips and your cheeks became a little pinker. "Don't be embarrassed. If he can't understand it, then he's just an asshole. You are the most beautiful, kind, funny and cool girl I have ever met. And he's an idiot."

You closed your eyes. "You don't even know who it is." Hearing Xavier's laughter, you opened your eyes again. "I don't need to know him, it's enough that I know you." You sniffled. It feels like tears are about to pour out of your eyes. Raising your head to the ceiling, you tried to blink so that this would not happen. "If I had my way, I would make you the happiest in the world and wouldn't let you cry like that." You smirked and lowered your head.

"Good. I believe you." Your words sounded quiet. Very quiet. But Xavier heard them anyway. "If it were my will t/and I swear." Xavier took your hand. You grinned. "You already make me happy. Every day..." Xavier interrupted you. "Y/n you know what I mean."

"No, I don't understand. And even if I understand, I'm very afraid. I'm very afraid and scared, Xavier. I'm very scared. I love you, and I'm scared." You said it almost in one breath and closed your eyes. There was silence.

"I really want to kiss you now, but I'm afraid I'll make a mistake." You've opened your eyes. Xavier laughed, but there was an expression of embarrassment on his face. You carefully leaned closer, so that a couple of centimeters remained between you. "Why are you making a mistake?" Xavier shrugged his shoulders. "I never thought that my feelings were mutual. Because you... It's you and wow. And you're excellent, but I am... Just me, I suppose?" You laughed. "Okay, then I have to assure you. You moved even closer. "That I'm experiencing the same thing. And you definitely won't make a mistake. At least, the mistake is no worse than me." You smiled. A couple of seconds and Xavier shortened the remaining distance and gently touched your lips with his lips. The kiss was soft, slow, careful. Xavier grabbed you by the waist. A short break between a kiss, and you're already lying under it. Gradually, the kiss turned into a lingering and not so gentle. His hands slowly crept under your T-shirt, exposing your stomach.

Xavier pressed his forehead against yours. His breathing was labored. "Still scared?"

"Not at all."