Drawing blanks

warnings: mentions of bullying

summary: after transferring to nevermore, you thought things would be different. but after a prank pulled by xavier, you fear this school is the same as your last

"How do you like it here so far?" Enid grins, picking at her lunch.

"It's nice, kind of intimidating."

"I'm sure! It must suck switching schools mid-year. It'll get easier though."

"I hope!" You laugh, looking around the quad. Your eyes meet a boys. You make eye contact before looking away. "Who's that?" You subtly nod towards him. Enid glances over.

"Xavier Thorpe. Really cute! He was dating Bianca, that Siren that gave you a death stare in first period, but they broke up about two weeks ago." She explains.

You look up again only to be met with his eyes for a second time.

"Is he staring at me? Or am I crazy?" You whisper.

"Hmm... He's definitely staring. Have you met him before?" She whispers back.

"Definitely not. I'd remember seeing him before."

"Then, maybe he's just curious. It's not often we get new students..." She trails off. "Maybe you can read his mind and figure it out!"

"No!" You reply, "I can't. I mean I could... I don't like to use my gift unless it's for a good reason. Maybe a party trick but other than that I don't like to use it. I wouldn't want people reading my mind without me knowing."

Enid shakes her head, "I get it. I mean I wouldn't go all wolf on someone without a reason."

***

You walked around the school alone, taking in the beautiful architecture of Nevermore. It was certainly unique. Passing a statue, your eyes did a double take... Poe?

You observed it before noticing the writing on the book. A riddle... A riddle you had to solve. You loved riddles because you had to work for them. Without the. self control you have now, in the past you've used your Telepathy irresponsibly, and heard horrible things. But riddles, you couldn't get the answers to everything to easily.

S.....

N..........

A....

P...

T......

W....

I..

C.......

E...

'Whats the worst that can happen?' You thought.

Snap. Snap.

The statue starts moving, unveiling a staircase. You did a double take. Was this a commonly known thing, or did you just uncover a secret?

You traveled downwards quietly. As you descended, you heard voices coming from the bottom. You stopped midway on the stairs as to not be seen.

"You lied to me! You told me you didn't know her."

"I don't! I don't know her, Bianca!"

"She's here, Xavier!"

"She came to me, in visions. I didn't know (Y/N) was real. I thought she was just, some sort of apparition. Nothing more than a figment of my imagination. I was curious about her, but I didn't know she was real. Why am I even explaining this to you? You dumped me the second you saw that first drawing. It's better this way."

Xavier and Bianca were fighting... over you? You met Bianca once, and had never even spoken to Xavier. And what did Xavier mean by 'drawing'?

"You know what.. This doesn't matter. I don't care. Go run off with her." Bianca's voice was seething with anger. You heard harsh footsteps and realized, you were sitting at the entrance... Before you could leave, you see—