Playing the part

synopsis: you both want to apply for this new job in jericho. problem? they're only accepting couples.

warnings: enemies to lovers, made up shop and job requirements so very unrealistic, xavier has a bit of an attitude so not very close to canon but for plot, let me know if i missed anything else!

——————————————————

You considered yourself to be pretty reasonable. Anything that didn't seem too outrageous, morally incorrect or illegal, you'd pretty much do.

But this? This was bullshit on the highest degree.

About 5 hours ago, you walked into this cute bakery, submitting your job application. And at the same time, you hear a cocky voice. One you hated that you could recognize.

"Good morning, sunshine." Xavier spoke, giving you a  signature smirk of his.

Before you can answer (most likely, with a certain finger, or certain 2 words) the shop owner speaks. "Oh, are you two together?" She asks. Which stops you both in your tracks.

"Ha—I'm sorry?" Xavier starts, giving a confused face.

"Didn't you both see? We only hire couples." She smiles at you both, pointing to it on the application.

"Uh, excuse us for a minute!" You speak, for the first time today, gesturing Xavier to follow you: away from the shop owner.

"So, what now?" He questions, raising his eyebrow. He was right, though. What now?

"I guess we fake till we make it," You suggest, shrugging. You needed the money, and he wanted a job. It seemed like a win for everybody.

"HA! I'd rather be caught dead, rather to date you."

"We aren't even gonna seriously date! It's just to get us this job." You remind him. He sighs, rolls his eyes before he speaks again.

"Just until the semester starts up again, deal?"

"Deal." You both shake on it, and walk back up to the shop owner.

He decides to speak first, "Yes, we are dating. Sorry, my lovely partner wasn't sure if we should reveal it so soon."

"Aw, aren't you two the cutest!"

Well, you at least got the job?