Posing in bondage

Category: Angst, Fluff

Warnings: none, heartbreak, maybe violence

Summary: (Name) is in love with Xavier, but can't be sure about his feelings and therefore does nothing. Until the Poe cup, where Xavier desires to make her mind a mess.

The sun's autumn beams were stronger today than they had been in a long time and it was refreshing to see the blue sky instead of the grey clouds that were filled with cold rain.

(Name) wished that she could feel more delight in the orange globe, but her skin had been itching ever since she stepped out in the sun

Yoko did recommend a very good sunscreen a while ago, but (Name) lost her bottle, and didn't think about getting a new one since it was autumn and she thought that the sun wouldn't be as irritating as it was right now.

(Name) adjusted herself in the black-painted canoe, already feeling uncomfortable in the wooden seat. It created a small ripple in the water, and she couldn't help but transfix it since the sun made it look like a thousand shining tears. She loved the water and adored taking a swim in the lake when she used to be young, it was calming and brought her joy which was something that she was always searching for in her life. Joy and content, so she was sure that she was living her best life. But of course, it wasn't easy. It was like, so it wasn't supposed to be.

Someone cleared their throat above her, and her attention away from the beautiful water, to see that Enid we're looking at her with a teasing grin.

"What?" (Name) asked with a perplexed furrow in her eyebrow as a giggle left the blond girl's lips.

Enid looked away from her, and instead fixed her eyes on something to their left, and (Name) slowly followed her gaze to where it was pointing.

When she spotted what Enid was implying (Name) to look at, she snapped her head back towards Enid and gave her a malicious glare, to which Enid returned with a cutesy wink. A habit that had become a costume.

What Enid had been looking at -or rather who- was a boy from one of the opposite teams. A boy with long, light golden hair, that was sadly covered by a mildly atrocious jingling hat.

Her grip on the oar tightened as Xavier playfully smiled at his teammates, for it felt like she was going to throw up butterflies. Not many knew that she had a romantic interest in Xavier, and she intended to keep it that way for as long as possible. If it was something she despised, it was when people she barely knew were up and rummaging through her personal life.

Then, absolutely out of nowhere, a shot tore her eardrums, jubilees from other students echoed over the lake, and her teammates yelled at each other to row faster. She hadn't even realized that Weems had been speaking in the first place.

The autumn wind blew coldly against her face as they accelerated, and water splashed against her hands, perfect droplets landing on her black nail polish. A shiver ran down her spine when the tip of her sleeves got wet, and for only a second she lost her attention to the race and tried to roll up her sleeves.

"Duck!" Someone shouted, and (Name) felt a hand press down her head from behind, making her barely miss the axe that came swinging towards her.

"Pay attention." Wednesday chastised her. (Name) pursed her lips, she was about to apologize, but it got caught in her throat as one of the four canoes was split in half as it crashed into a big red object in the middle of the river. The people in the boat flew off it on the impact, and with screams landed in the murky water.

Something, like a shadow, swished under the canoe, and she bit the inside of her cheek in both nerves and expectation.

But nothing happened, and they were seeing the end of the tunnel as their water road got smaller and the small dock was able to be spotted. The clowns got to port first, which left a taste of disdain in her mouth along with with a pinch of annoyance. She watched as one of them left the boat to run into the forest, right for the flag hidden amongst the leaves. But she didn't see who it was.