CHAPTER: 50

"I was so scared today, when you ran away suddenly like that."

Heat rush my face when he dipped his head in the crook of my neck and his hair tickled as he presses kiss on my skin.
"Promise me you won't make me worried like that again," I giggled, running my fingers through his hair, "I promise!" He presses his lips on my jaws and my stomach tightens.

"And promise me, whatever you feel you'll share with me." He continues. "Okay" I replied, another kiss just beneath my ear.
My core fluttered and heat began to spread in my body.

He smirked whispering sweet words in my ear. Making my heart flutter at an uncontrollable pace, making me breathless. His eyes staring at me in such a way that I was having difficulty to look at him.

"I love you, Narae...."He whispers softly as he leaned closer to me. His hand pulling me closer than we already where, closing any possible space between us.

His lips were softer than anything I've ever known. My hands glided across Soobin's shoulder to his back. One moving down to his front again to his chest. I didn't realize that he was pushing me down until I felt my back got pressed against cloud like mattress.

Pulling away he breathed, "Narae will you mark me?" His voice sounded strained, eyes looked desperate. His eyes glinted in darkness because of excitement. He was barely holding himself back. I suddenly had an idea of teasing him.

"Uh...I don't know," I said playfully looking away. He kept glancing, just to check his reaction. I sensed his body jerking and he stops like a statue. His eyes wide open in shock. I could see him gritting his teeth causing the veins to appear on his jaws. Is it self control that was causing him to look like this?

"Are you sure?" His voice trembled making me giggle.
"Pfft! No! I was just joking!
"So is that a yes?" He asked barely hanging.
Yes..." I replied. I felt his lips crashing on mine.

• • •

I returned the pack next morning. Everyone was very happy to know that I have awakened my powers.  In the midst of so many happy people there was one face which was not happy and that was Lee Know. His eyes were shining like yellow sapphire with anger. I didn't like seeing his reaction.

He was not happy to know that Soobin is my companion. Was I his companion in this birth too? My heart sank thinking of this. I have to talk to Soobin before he finds out.

When it was night and all the rituals were over. So I was finally left alone. I was walking through the corridor towards my room when suddenly someone grabbed my hand and pulled me into a room.

When the light fell on him, it came to know that he was Lee Know. He was staring at me angrily. My heart was thumping loudly. I wondered why my body didn't react repulsively to his touch. I felt a huge lump appear in my throat as I gazed at my wrist where he held me.

"Are you wondering why your body didn't react in a repulsive manner when I touched you?" Lee Know began his voice uncannily deep. I felt my heart dropping to my stomach. When I recalled one of the things that I learned in my past life.

I can have more than one mate, but because I wanted to devote myself to one person. I chose to avoid the matter.

"Looking at your expression, you seem to remember why you didn't react repulsively under my touch even when that filthy bastard marked you." His words were vulgar, it was something I never expected him to say. I tried hard to push my disappointment away, while I talked to him.

"Don't you dare talk about him that way!" I glared, my eyes gleaming like blue diamonds. I clutched my fist to prevent myself from beating the shit out of him.

"And tell me the reason you brought me here!" I demanded.
"Narae! Why do you even care about him? He killed your family! He killed me! He made massacre in the temple of moon goddess." My sunken heart sank deeper in the pits of my stomach. When I heard what he was saying. He also knows the past life? Pang of guiltiness send termors all over my body. I breathed deeply to control my thoughts.

Why does he know it?

"I know it since I was little kid. I was looking for a way to kill him since then, because of the damage he had brought upon us."
"But.... it happened in our past lives." My voice came out weak, while I looked at him with pleading eyes.
"It doesn't matter, if he did that in past. He can do it.

"He did it in the past. He can do it in the future." 
"Vessels change, not souls." 
"He would not do that again." 
"How do you know that?" Lee know asked as he grabbed my arms tightly and pressed me against the cold wall. 

"HE WON'T DO IT! I'M TELLING YOU." I yelled trying to yank him away from me. 
"So you've fallen for him, huh? Forgetting what he has done. You're still naive, even in this life." 

I heard a loud bang from behind. And swiftly turned my head to see Soobin standing at the door. His eyes glaring at Lee Know as he strides towards Lee know and suddenly launches a punch at him. 

My eyes widened I moved back, while Lee Know stumbled and struggled to remain standing. Soobin once again punches him and then grabs his collar making him face Soobin. 

"You fucker. What were you just trying to do huh? I've warned you before haven't I? If you ever dare to lay a single hand on my family. I will kill you." Soobin grumbled and again raised his hand to punch him. But, I heard the footsteps of people coming this way. I could tell it was mom and brother. I can't let him beat Lee Know. 

"Soobin!" I grabbed his arm, stopping him. He turns his head towards me, his eyes gleaming with anger that he was barely supressing and it was the first time. I saw the calm level headed, being angry. I could see the veins of his jaws popping. As he yanked my hand away, Lee know's collar. 

I saw Jisung and mom standing at the door looking confused, before I could explain things to them. Soobin grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room. I followed him behind as he dragged me across the hallway that lead to my bedroom. On the way, he remained silent.