CHAPTER: 46

Narae turned around, a bright light appearing from her body and she shifted into her wolf form. Robin's eyes turned round, jaws dropped to the floor. She glanced back at him once from her light blue eyes. Her white fur, covered with blood, still glinted under the moonlight. She turned away and began sprinting away.

Soobin flinched, noticing her running away, a bright light began exuding his body. He stood on his four paws after shifting into his wolf form. His black fur fluttered as began following Narae deeper into the forest. Narae kept plodding until her steps came to halt. A bright light appeared from her again. She shifted into her wolf form again and collapsed on the floor.

Soobin found himself standing before a stream with a waterfall. Narae raised her chin forcefully to gaze at Soobin, her eyes all tired. Soobin, without bothering to shift himself in his human form, carefully walked towards her until he was standing extremely close to her.

Narae raised her hand and began petting Soobin's head.

"Your fur looks like the night Sky, it's all shiny as if stars are bejewelled in it," I proceeded to rest my forehead on his.

"Soobin, tell me the real reason you wanted me? When you said that you won't love me. Tell me why were you always jealous when I came back with someone else's scent on my body? Tell me everything! I want to know. Shift back in your human form and explain everything to me. RIGHT NOW! SOOBIN! TELL ME!"

For sometime all I could hear was my rough ragged breath, trying to calm myself down. But my tears wouldn't stop falling. I just couldn't get rid of that scene before my eyes. When Soobin stood alone in the midst of the dead bodies of my loved ones. His archbow aimed at my mate who seemed to have collapsed from being shot, bleeding uncontrollably. My body shivered badly just thinking about it. The memories I made with him in my life, the mates bond. Everything seemed so conflicting, I had no idea. What to do anymore? Punish him for something that he doesn't even remember? Leave him and move on or just keep staying with him like this. And let him die just like before. Above all, I still loved him dearly.

Black smoke began covering his body and he began stepping back until I couldn't see him in the dark, thick fog. Slowly, the smoke began to clear up and Soobin walked out from it. His face was as calm as ever as he moved closer to me and crouched down.

"I have always been suffering from headache and insomnia since, I awakened my devilish bloodline. My life has been pretty tough before I met you, I was always busy in surviving. My insomnia wasn't taking a toll on my health because I'm not a normal werewolf but instead it was taking a toll on my mental health, driving me to the edge. I knew I was slowly losing my sanity.

I usually went to the bakery you worked at. When I met you for the first time, in your presence I started noticing my symptoms started improving.. The time I spent at the bakery became my favourite because you would put me in a peaceful mood," He closed his eyes, sitting comfortably on the ground. A small smile resting on his lips.

"Even when I knew you were in my class. I did my best to maintain my distance from you. I didn't know what I would do if we grew closer. I was completely obsessed with you, and even ended up stalking you several times. The party when we did it for the first time... I stalked you to the party that night. But ended up going through heat and I lost it and ended up asking you to do it with me. I thought you have a crush on me so everything will be fine."

What crush? "Why do you think I had a crush on you?" I interrupted. He flinched slightly and looked away, his pale face turning red.

"Because you kept trying to get close to me and whenever I went to the bakery you kept glancing at me. I thought you liked me,"

Oh boi.... I should never let him know I have a hand fetish.

"Ah.... that's how you knew? OH MY GOD I'M SO EMBARRASSED!!!" I faked a cry and hid my face with my hands, I'm such a pervert. He grabbed my wrist pulling my hand away from my face. He looked me in the eye.

"Usually, I would seduce a female using my pheromones and I did that on you thinking you're a human and everything would be fine. But I didn't expect that my pheromones would end up awakening your alpha bloodline."

"You liked me for my pheromones?"

"At first, all I could think of was the scent of your pheromones and you. I told you I was going nuts and had no idea. You were like a drug that was still keeping me hanging at the edge of sanity. I needed you! So I refrained myself from doing anything that could hurt you or mane you leave me. So I kept two identities because you thought Soobin was a cute, innocent boy.

I tried to make you forget Soule but I still kept emitting pheromones subconsciously that speeded up the process. And the scent of your pheromones got out of hand and you unintentionally started attracting bugs. Remember that friend of yours suddenly hugged you so tightly. At that time your scent overwhelmed him to the point he couldn't even remember his own mate and was going to mark you" My eyes widened listening to that. A weird fear instilled inside me, I recalled memories of the time before I went to jail. I tried to shake off those memories. And tried bringing my attention to what Soobin was saying.

"I kept protecting you in secret. I know it would get traumatic for you, until you actually got in trouble. I had no choice but to lock you up in my penthouse. I'm sorry! My world is extremely chaotic, bringing you was the hard decision. I had to make sure you were taken care of and protected all the time. I was trying to find a way to deal with your pheromones without marking you but there seemed no way. During that someone trespassed inside the penthouse. My worries worsened with someone trying to hurt you and in my anxiety I ended up telling you. Although I was sure you wouldn't allow it. I was working with a witch to find out a way to subdue your scent. Before that, you went into heat. And you know what happened next..."

"What does that mean?"

"At first, till the date I marked you. I kept convincing myself. I was scared of acknowledging the fact that I liked you in a way you can't possibly imagine. After today, I'm even more scared of losing you and never letting you know my feelings...." His voice became all breathy, his pale cheeks flushed red. Eyes watered, a scene occured in my head. My heart began thumping all of sudden, when I remembered how he would die in future. My head began hurting as if someone was pressing hot iron. All the scenes replayed in my head.

"I love you..."

"I love you... Butterfly!"

"NARAE!! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" I heard his flustered voice.

I felt something rising in my gut. The nauseous feeling escalated. My body began trembling. I pushed back the feeling and gazed at Soobin, his eyes penetrating my soul, tears rushing down his face. His hand was holding my shoulder. My heart and soul crushing with all the feelings of past and future intermingling, making me indecisive about my present.

But, I looked up at Soobin and grabbed his collar pulling him closer to me.

"Don't even dare to back down about what you said. I swear on my name. I will kill you with my own hands." I said, He looked taken aback. But smiled softly, his dimples appeared. He leaned forward planting a peck on my forehead, "Okay! If I do something bad to you... I probably deserve to die. I swear upon my life. I will never hurt you."