Your Biggest Fan- Marina and the Diamonds

"I know exactly what I want and who I want to be," I sang, while doing the dance. I began to do absolute stupid moves that I swore if anyone saw me right now, I would hide in my closet for the rest of my life. I absolutely adore Marina Diamandis. Honestly, if she weren't a living and breathing person on this earth right now, I probably wouldn't be a living and breathing person on the earth either. She keeps me living and breathing everyday. 

My name is Penny. I'm a 13 year old fan girl. As a "fangirl", I guess you could classify myself as a stalker, but trust me I'm not that stalkerish..haha..what are you talking about? I have an older sister named Teresa who kind of hates my guts, but that's a sisterly thing I think. She's into Justin Bieber and mainstream pop artists.

"TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN!!" Screeched Teresa.

"DO I HAVE TO?" I screeched back.

"I'M DOING HOMEWORK!" Teresa screamed. I sighed as I turned my volume down a bit.

I looked out my window. There was a guy walking a dog, and there was some kid pulling a prank on his sister...

"Do you want to win free tickets to the next MATD concert?" I suddenly heard the radio say.

My ears perked up. I continued to listen. "Then tell us how much of a diamond you really are by calling this number!" said the radio.

I cleared my throat. Here goes nothing. "Hi, My name is Penny Torris, and I'm 13 years old. I've been a diamond for as long as I could remember, and it's quite sad how my sister hates how obsessive I am over Marina, true story. Marina is my idol, and I would die if she ever stopped existing on the earth. Without Marina, I don't know where I would be in life. You might be laughing considering I'm only 13 years old, but you have no idea what lies behind this voice right now," I added for dramatic effect, but it was kind of true. "But anyway, thank you for giving me this opportunity for a chance to meet the only person who really makes me happy. Thank you,"

I sat there, waiting for a reply or something...

~

"PENNY! It's dinner time!" screamed my mom. I sighed. It's been 4 hours since I asked for the tickets. I guess someone else got the tickets.

I went downstairs, seeing that my mom made spaghetti. My favorite food.

"What's with the frown-y face "asked Teresa, getting a glass of sprite.  

"Nothing, I just wish that there was world peace, that's all," I lied, sitting down on my chair.

The concert was in 2 days, and man, did I want to go! Later on I got a call, saying that someone else had won and I was not that someone. Knowing that you'll never meet you idol sure does make you cry, and in fact, it did.

(Day of the concert)

I sighed as I sat in my bed, the radio softly playing " Homewrecker"

" PENNY! YOU GOT MAIL!!" my mother suddenly screamed, interrupting me from my sadness.

I hesitantly got up and ran down. I didn't always get mail. It was rare to get mail for me.

I grabbed the envelope with the word "Penny" on it. I ran to my room, shut the door, and tore open the envelope. My eyes widened when I found a ticket to an MATD concert, for tonight. Then, I noticed another paper inside the envelope. I grabbed it and opened it:

Dear Penny,

I loved your response.

It's quite sad to hear that your sister hates your "obsession" with me. Do you want to know something? I wanted to choose you to get the free tickets, but my manager said other-wise and chose a different person to win. I'm really sorry, but here, free tickets to the concert tonight. I hope you enjoy them, and would it be okay if we chat a bit after the show? I'd love to meet you!

~ Marina Diamandis

---------------------------------------------

(rewrite-chapter 1)

hope you love it! -dani