Chapter 16

I heard a knock at my door. I decided to ignore it for a second, but then I asked who it was.

"It's Teresa......."

" I do not want to speak to you-"

"It's.....er dinner time," she said.

I listened for a couple of seconds. She was gone now. I've been in my room ever since the yelling. I mean, I did eat...except I brought the food to my room. People have been texting me non stop about Marina. Stuff like "hEy HoW DId YOu gUyS MeEt?" and stuff. About 98% of the people who have been texting me about that stuff are people i don't even know.

"Penny?" I heard a familar voice from outside of my door. A man voice.

Dad...

I haven't seen him in ages! He knocked on my door. But I was too shocked to answer.

"Penny? It's dadd-"

I opened the door.

" DaddY!" I said, jumping into his arms. He chuckled while spinning me around. "You're so big now, Copper Penny!" He nicknamed me "Copper Penny" because, well you know, a penny is copper.

He finally put me down and grabbed my hand. "Cmon," he said. "Lets go eat dinner,"

_______________________________________________________________________

Obviously my mother ordered take out and put it in our regular dishes to make it seem like she cooked it. She always does that with special desks.

"Chinese!" I said, sitting on the dinner table. "Wow," my mother said. " I haven't seen Penny in the dinner table for a loong-"

"ANYWAY..." I interuppted her. "Daddy, you get the special seat,"

"We dont have a special se-"

"It's the seat that I always sit in," I said, and guided my father to the seat.

Teresa frowned at me and grabbed a cup.

" So...Patrick...long time no see..." my mother said. It was so awkward here right now.

"Yah....and I have a question..." my father said.

marriage.marriage.marriage.marriage.marriage. i was chanting in my brain.

"Penny..." my father said. Oh no this isn't how it went in my head.

"Why did I see you on the news a few weeks ago....?" My father said. "With a young women."

Teresa got quiet. My mother got quiet. I saw quiet. We all were quiet.

I really didn't feel like speaking right now.

"Well-"

"She looks like a model or something," my father said.

I sighed. "I went to her concert, and she gave me backstage tickets,"

"That's it?" My father said. I shushed him and continued.

"We began to hang out a lot and ended up being friends,"

"So....why did the article say that you guys aren't 'friends' anymore? "

I was quiet again. Teresa stared at her food, got up, and walked away.

My father and mother trailed off looking at her, walking away.

I sat there, but then I got up, and ran out of the house.

__________________________

(Marina's POV)

My head was pounding. This is exactly why I didn't really like to go to clubs. I mean, I did, but not right now. Especially since my heart still hearts.

My manager called me for another meeting the next day.

I walked into his office with a white dress with pastel pink heels.

"Looking quite lovely today, Miss Marina," he said, smiling at me.

I sat down on the couch in front of his desk, ignoring him even though it was a compliment. I hated him right now.

"So," he said. "How was last night,"

"My head still hurts," I said, rubbing the back of my head.

"Good," he said. "I set you up with a guy,"

What.

"Excuse me?!" I said, getting up.

"A boyfriend is good at this time, and he's not very famous either, so I won't add anymore drama,"

psh ya right.

"Boyfriend? I've never even met him before!" I said.

"That's why your meeting him at 5:00 at the bakery down the street. Your favorite one!"

I wish I could control my life.

"This isn't fair!"

"You know what's not fair, Marina? Electra. Your not giving her a chance to show herself, because 'happy go lucky' marina has to take over,"

I stormed at him. "Yeah, except Electra doesn't need a man. She's good on her own! Haven't u listened to the album?"

"Of course I have darling. But some people change."

I frowned. "Exactly. If some people change, why can't i?"