Chapter 19

Marina's POV

Literally my day consisted of:

- waking up

- having breakfast

- work on songs for a few hours

- i dont have lunch because my manager wants me to be more "skinner" wtf

- work on more songs till night

- going to a club or party bc im forced to

- get drunk

- wake up the next day with a throbbing headache

And then it's kinda the same thing all over again.

I wonder how Penny is right now? She's probably really mad at me. And she's enjoying life right now, hanging out with her little friends. 

"Marina!" my manager yelled, snapping me out of my day dreaming. "It's time to record the song,"

Oh.

I got up and followed him. As I was walking behind him, I iternally screamed and cursed.

"What was that?"

Oh fuck did i accidently curse out loud.

"Nothing,"

He led me into the studio to record my song. "Now, I want you to be a good girl, and since this song is kinda about heart break, show your emotions through your voice,"

Oh believe me I will.

"Okay Marina, you ready?"

I took a sip of water. "Lets do this,"

_________________________________________________

Pennys POV

I scrolled on my laptop. Tickets. Tickets. Where could I buy tickets.

Then I saw that she was going to perform in a city near my town.

YEs.

Luckily, my mother gave me permission to "See her again" and to possibily apologize. 

 There, the ticket was mine.

And they were backstage tickets too.

I mentally shrieked with excitement, just 2 weeks until I could see Marina again.

But then I started to think

What am I even going to say to her.

I'm sorry? Would that be enough? Was it even my fault?

I was too confused to think. 

"I'm gonna go get a bagel," I whispered to myself.

______________________________________

"And that's a wrap on the chorus!" 

I started clapping.

"We'll record more tomorrow,"

"Okay," I said, and took a big chug of water. My throat felt like a desert. I stood up and walked out of the recording studio.

I'm still surprised that my manager believed me when I said this song wasn't about Penny. I mean, he's smarter than that.

"Marina, dear," my manager said. "I checked your phone.."

wtf how does he know my password.

"And I saw these photos and-"

please tell me he didn't delete them.

"I deleted them,"

"which photos?" I asked.

"You with the penny girl, you know your so very lucky to have a manager like me. If your fans hacked you and found this photo, they would go bizarre, and you would lose your entire fanbase. Your welcome,"

thats it.

"No," I said. "I dont care if the fans found the photo, the only thing they would be pissed off of is the fact that their idol is being told what to do. Fans look up to to people who do their own thing, they look up to people who aren't "puppets" And if you think you can just boss me around-"

"I am your manager Marina,  I technically kinda have to boss you around,"

There was silence for a few seconds

"As of this moment, your technically not my manager anymore. buh bye," I said.

My manager's eyes went bizzare. "Excuse me? You can't fire me,"

"Technically I cannn,"

"Marina, your ruining your career,"

"Goodbye"

________________

short chapter, ik. but heeeey an update :D