Chapter 2

I hope you guys like the story so far. ~Dani

Rewrite - Chapter 2

_______________________________________________________________________________

Penny's POV

Okay, deep breathes Penny. Marina just sent you a letter, but how do I know that it's really her? I held the letter in my hand tightly as I went to my closet. The tickets were real for sure. I picked out my favorite outfit. If I was going to meet Marina, then I'd have to look good. Wait a sec, I didn't tell mother.

"MOM!" I yelled, going downstairs. "Yes?" she asked, washing the dishes. She turned her head to look at me. "Why are you all dressed up?" she asked me. I blinked twice. "Um..I'm going to Gia's house," I lied.

I couldn't let her know I was chosen by my idol to go to her concert, and I'm not even sure if my mother had the time to take me. Besides, what kind of mother would believe that her daughter's idol ACTUALLY sent her a note and gave her free tickets to her concert? Yeah.

My mom's face looked satisfied. "What time will you be coming home?" she asked.

I thought about it. "Um..maybe 9 or 10:00," I said. "Why that late?" my mum asked. "Uh..we are going to do homework too, and all those other stuff," I said. "Okay, call me to pick you up!" she said, as I went out the door. 

Okay, how am I suppose to get to the concert? Let see.

I knocked on the door. I hope Cara got tickets too. The door opened, revealing Cara in a nice outfit. "Penny?" she said. "Cara, whats with the outfit?" I asked her. "I won free tickets to Marina and the Diamonds tonight!" she said, jumping up and down. I froze. "Um..how exactly did you get your tickets?" I asked, licking my lip. "I won it on the radio! You know, the one where the guy asks you how big of a diamond you are?" she said.

I shut my eyes. 'So she won the radio contest...' I thought.  

"Something wrong?" Cara asked. I looked up. "No, nothing, but since your going to the concert..do you think I could tag along?" I said with a hopeful look in my eyes. She was silent for a second.

"I don't see why not. C'mon, we're leaving now," she smiled. 

 ~

I sat on my seat, at the concert, feeling nervous if I'm going to be honest with you. It's not everyday where you actually get to see your idol in person. I began internally squealing with delight with the announcer said 5 more minutes.

Cara smiled at me. "So, how'd you get your tickets?"

My internal squeals were pulled to a stop. Should I tell her? 

"Um, I bought them," I said, trying to hide the lie behind the words that escaped my mouth. I made a face that said Isn't it obvious? to hide my lie.

She rolled her eyes. "Duh, how stupid am I?" she said. I let out a forced chuckle, and suddenly the lights dimmed. I almost fell out of my seat. The concert was beginning. The Concert Was Beginning. THE CONCERT WAS BEGINNING. I desperately scanned the stage for any woman wearing a pink dress and platinum blonde hair. 

But then the lights completely went out. The audience became to roar. I didn't understand why, but then I looked above the stage, and she was, looking as fabulous as ever with her pink dress and her blonde silky hair. She wore pink heart shaped glasses and did a pose that screamed "I am your queen"

The words "Electra Heart" suddenly showed behind her, and then the crowed went wild. She began to sing Primadonna, and I forced myself to choke down my tears. My happy tears. She is real.

"Fill the void up with celluloid, take a picture I'm with the boys!" Marina sang with her magestic voice.The crowd sang along with her as Primadonna continued to play. I didn't sing a long, I was mesmerized by her voice. It was like an angel! She could reach very high notes, and very low notes.

Cara was dancing around like an idiot, but I don't blame her. If your a diamond, and your at a Marina and the Diamonds concert for the very first time, you are most likey to do this, I guess. Primadonna ended and another song began to play. 

"Don't do love, Don't do friends. I'm only after sucess. Don't need a relationship, I'll never soften my grip,"

My heart skipped a beat when Oh No! was playing. This song was my life! The crowd started singing again, and Cara was still dancing like an idiot.

"Don't want cash, Don't want car, Want it fast, Want it hard, Don't need money, Don't need fame, I just wanna make a change,"

Then, I started dancing like a maniac, cause the chorus was coming up VERY soon!

"I just wanna change, I just wanna change, I just wanna change, I just wanna change, I just wanna, CHANGE!"

I started gasping for air, well not really, but my eyes lit up.

"I know exactly what I want and who I want to be, I know exactly why I walk and talk like a machine, I'm now becoming my own self-fufilled prophecy, Oh, Oh No, Oh NO, Oh NO, OH!"

As Marina sang the next chorus, my mind was replaying the chorus. Yeah, It would come again. And again. But...this was...I don't know how to say it....

"One Track mind, One Track heart, If I fail, I'll fall apart, maybe it is all a test, cause I feel like I'm the worst so I always act like I'm the best,"

"If you are not very careful, your possessions will possess you, TV taught me how to feel, now real life has no appeal,"

"It has no appeal, It has no appeal, It has NO appeal, It has no appeal, It has no a-PEAL!"

The chorus was playing again, and Cara got tired of dancing, but she sang along instead.

"I'm gonna live, I'm gonna fly, I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna live, I"m gonna fly, I'm gonna fail, gonna Die, Die, Die ,Die..."

A few songs later, the concert ended. I walked with Cara backstage. We showed our backstage passes to a gaurd, and he led us to a room. There were bean bags, a popcorn machine, a table, and a mini fridge.I started sweating like crazy . This is it. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

What do you think? Is it good? Thanks if you are reading :D

~Dani