Disappearing Act

After date night when Lloyd I got back to the hotel because of my teasing on the way to dinner I was punished but it was very much welcomed. I woke up the next morning and reached for Lloyd. The bed was cold where he would have been laying. I didn't hear the shower or anything either so I was confused. I thought maybe he went to get some breakfast for us. I sat up keeping myself covered in bed and then grabbed my phone. I saw I had a text from Lloyd, I smiled until I opened it up.

LLOYD: Sorry to do this pumpkin but I got a call in the middle of the night, I needed to get back to Croatia. There is a job I left to be done to some dipshits obviously. When you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I will be missing the Hawaii trip, I'm so sorry pumpkin. I will see you in England. I love you and the kids so much. Give them a kiss for me.

I just sat there in complete and utter shock. He told me work was handled and he told me it was all done. He would be free for these trips. I saw the second message.

LLOYD: The plane will be on the airstrip and don't FUCKING thinking about running Jovi, I have them set on a flight plan and under strict orders to not deviate.

I just couldn't believe him right now, he had crossed a line.

JOVI: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK LLOYD?! I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL GET THIS BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD BE AVAILABLE. SORRY, THAT KILLING PEOPLE AND POSSIBLY GETTING KILLED YOURSELF IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN BEING WITH YOUR WIFE AND KIDS!

After I sent this and made sure it was sent. I blocked Lloyds number. I got up and quickly got dressed for travel. I walked into my mom's room where the kids were and smiled seeing them up and ready.

"I need your phone." I told my mother and she looked at me confused and I blocked Lloyds number and on her phone.

"Where's dad?" Preston asked. I just sighed and looked at him.

"Dad isn't here." I said.

"Will he be?" Tula asked and I just slightly shook my head.

"Dad got called away to work, he is going to miss the next stop." I said. Tula looked sad and I pulled her into a hug.

"He will be on the next one." I said and she sighed.

"He didn't even say goodbye." Preston said angerly and I sighed.

"I know buddy, I'm sorry." I said and hugged him as well. Once we broke apart, I sighed.

"Okay, let's get packed up." I said and they started packing their suitcases, getting their stuff together. Melanie followed me back to my room as I packed.

"Did he really have to work or did you two fight?" Melanie asked and I groaned. I handed her my cellphone so she could see the messages.

"Wait so he left you too?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yep..." I said and she groaned.

"I'll go get the kids packed." Melanie said sensing I wanted to be alone. I just nodded and she walked out. I then sat on the edge of the bed and dropped my head. I started crying silently. Lloyd and I had a great night out and everything seemed perfect. This trip was strengthening us, I could feel it.

"Mom...?" I heard a small voice ask from the connecting door and I looked to see Tula standing there. I quickly wiped away my tears and looked at her.

"Hey baby girl, grandma get you packed?" I asked and she nodded.

"Okay good. You want to help me?" I asked and she nodded with a smile and rushed in and jumped on the bed and helped me getting packed up and I smiled at her as she did. As I was packing the door opened and I looked hopeful, but I saw a guard come walking in.

"Mrs. Hansen, there is a phone call for you on my phone. It's the boss." He said and trying to hand me his phone. I looked at Tula.

"Hey, go tell grandma to make sure she has everything." I said and she nodded rushing out of the room and I shut the connecting door. I took the guard's phone.

"Jovi Hansen...get on the damn phone." I heard Lloyd said before I could put it to my ear. I didn't though I just hung up.

"If the boss calls you again asking for me, tell him I will not be receiving his calls. He knows what this trip means to me." I said and the guard looked at me shocked.

"Mrs. Hansen..." He said.

"Damnit Clive! Do as I say! You work for me too not just him!" I yelled and he nodded as his phone was ringing again. "You may go and answer that. Remind him that I reminded you that you work for me too." I said, he nodded and walked out. I didn't hear back from the guard, so I knew Lloyd was pissed but I didn't care. Once we were all packed. Clive and Tony went and got a cart for our luggage and once we were all loaded, we checked out and left.

As we drove to the airstrip, I was playing with the diamond bracelet from Lloyd spinning it on my wrist.

"Was that what he got you?" Melanie asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I got him a really nice watch." I said and she smiled.

"You know I give him a lot of shit and can't stand his antics and ways sometimes, but I know he does love you and always will." Melanie said and I half nodded.

"I know but I just don't like that he left in the middle of the night and didn't even think to say goodbye to the kids. I mean, me yeah whatever I'll deal, and I can torture him all I want but they are just kids." I said and Melanie nodded but sighed.

"Can I tell you something about Tula and Preston though?" Melanie said and I nodded.

"They are forgiving like you, like your father was. They will forgive him and be so happy to see him once he meets us whenever." Melanie said and I gave a small smile.

"Is it wrong if I say I miss dad sometimes knowing what I did?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You did what you had to do, I see that now." Melanie said and I gave a small smile. I placed my head on her shoulder and she kissed the top of my head.

"I love you kiddo." She said and I smiled.

"I love you too mom." I said as we arrived at the airstrip.

"On to our next adventure!" Tula said as we got out of the car. I quickly got out of the SUV hoping to see Lloyd on the jet but no such luck although there was a ridiculous display of flowers. I found the card in one of the vases.

-Pumpkin,

I don't like being ignored. I know why you are but damnit, answer me and we can talk this out. I refuse to sit here while working thinking you hate me.

Love, Lloyd. -

I huffed a laugh. Too bad I hated him right now and I wouldn't be talking to him. I buckled in the kids and then myself. I then looked at the guards as they sat down.

"Now that I'm in charge, we will discuss your outfits once we get to the next stop. Things will be changing around here." I said and they nodded.

"Yes ma'am." They answered and I smiled leaning my head back content now.