NYC

Once we landed, we got off the plane at JFK airport on the private airstrip and loaded in the SUV.

"You two okay?" Melanie asked and I smiled at her.

"Yeah, why?" I asked. She subtle pointed at Lloyd's neck. Lloyd smiled and I blushed.

"We are perfectly fine." I said she shook her head.

"You two are weird." Melanie said and we shrugged.

"We are but we are weird together so it's perfectly fine." I said. Lloyd kissed my cheek, and I looked behind us as we pulled off the airstrip.

"Did you hire more security?" I asked and he sighed with a nod.

"Yes." Lloyd just answered simply.

"Lloyd, if this is a problem, I would rather just get Claire from boarding school and go back home where we're safe." I said and he growled.

"We. Are. Fine." Lloyd said and I just crossed my arms, scooted over in my seat from Lloyd and just looked out the window.

"Pumpkin..." Lloyd said. I made sure the kids weren't looking and I flipped him off.

"I just want us safe. You don't take me seriously and I'm over it. You seem to forget I was an agent too. I had a life and job when we were together." I said.

"Yeah, one you clearly lied about." Lloyd said and I glared at him.

"Oh, I'm sorry mister tech company owner..." I said and he glared back at me.

"Stop." Melanie said and we just started ignoring each other.

Once we got to the Plaza hotel the kids just looked at me with huge eyes.

"Mom! They used this hotel in Home Alone!" Preston said and I nodded.

"I know buddy. I know you love that movie, so I knew we had to stay here." I said and he smiled hugging me.

"Thanks mom." He said as they started exploring the lobby with my mom. Lloyd walked up to me, taking my hand and pulling me flush against him.

"Okay listen, I won't be doing this fighting the whole trip. We are going to sit and talk about what this threat means tonight over dinner. Put your old CIA brain and mine together to figure out this threat." Lloyd said and I gave a small smile.

"Thank you." I said and he leaned down giving me a small kiss.

"Let's get checked in." Lloyd said as we walked to the desk.

🔹 🔹 🔹

After a whole afternoon of sightseeing in central park and shopping Lloyd and I headed into our room, and I collapsed on the bed.

"Think we could just let the kids loose in New York and they could take care of themselves?" I asked and Lloyd laughed lying beside me.

"I mean we could always test the theory." Lloyd said and I smiled at him. He leaned in and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart, I whimpered.

"No, don't stop." I said and he chuckled sitting up and pulling me up.

"Trust me pumpkin, I would love to continue but you and I have a date planned." Lloyd said and I looked at him oddly.

"When did you plan a date night?" I asked and he just winked at me and then handed me a bag from our shopping adventures that day.

"Wear this. Go get ready, we leave in an hour and a half." Lloyd said. I smiled and rushed into the bathroom to start getting ready. I pulled out the outfit Lloyd bought me earlier in the day and I smiled.