All of This

About a week later we were still in Croatia and had no talk of even moving again and I groaned. We had gotten in a homeschool teacher for Claire and everything was getting back to somewhat normal. Lloyd was supposed to be relaxing but of course he was working. I was walking by his office one afternoon.

"Jovi, can you come in here?" Lloyd called out and I sighed. Things had been a little tense with us since we had been back and DJ was still with is.

"Yes?" I asked and Lloyd sighed and held up a folder of paperwork.

"Adoption paperwork for DJ?" Lloyd asked and I walked up to his desk and tried to take it but he kept it from my reach.

"Give it to me Lloyd." I said.

"I told you my feelings on this." Lloyd said keeping it from my reach.

"And I told you to fuck off. I will adopt him under my name only. You don't need to concern yourself with it. He needs a family Lloyd, he needs stability. He gets along with the kids, he fits in with all of us, well all except you." I said and Lloyd just looked at me.

"What do you mean except me?"

"Lloyd, I know you don't want him here, but you could be a little more accepting. We all eat dinner together and you ignore him and glare at him. He didn't ask to have the family he did, trust me you can't pick your families. Of all the people who could have him now, it's us! He will have a life, a better life even if Denny was alive. Denny as a father, I know you don't see it because fuck there was no way. I just want him to be okay." I said and snatched the folder from Lloyd and went to walk out.

"You would really adopt him by yourself?" Lloyd said and I nodded looking back at him.

"And if they won't accept me, mom said she would." I said walked out of his office. I went to my bedroom and started looking over all of the paperwork and grabbed a pen to start filling it out when the bedroom door open and Lloyd walked in using his cane and I shook my head.

"You know when you were shot, I carried you everywhere." Lloyd said and I nodded.

"You did, but you shot me so...only fair." I said and he sighed coming and sitting next to me on the bed.

"You really want to do this?" Lloyd said pointing to the paperwork.

"I do." I said and Lloyd groaned. He took the pen from my hands and sighed where he needed to and I smiled at him.

"You're right, we can give him a better life than Denny and Robert could ever get him. Plus we need more guys around here." Lloyd said and I smiled. I leaned in and gave him a small kiss and then rested my forehead against his.

"I'm happy he didn't shoot off your dick." I said and Lloyd started laughing hysterically as did I.

"You and me both Pumpkin." Lloyd said and I sighed.

"When you were shot and pulled from the room, I will admit I did not know at that point how that was going to go." I said and Lloyd sighed.

"I did, I knew you would get Preston back and shoot the ass. You're my little assassin wife, you know what to do." Lloyd said and I smiled.

"I'm just happy to have our family back." I said and Lloyd said.

"I'm happy to be home." Lloyd said.

"Is this home for good then?" I asked and Lloyd sighed.

"What do you want Jovi? Do you want to stay?" Lloyd said and I shook my head.

"I want a normal life, Lloyd. You promised me we could look into it. You showed me that amazing house in Cambridge." I said and Lloyd nodded.