Recruiting

"Lloyd come on we have to go. We are packed and I already told you no." I said as he stood by the cannon.

"But pumpkin..." he whined. I just rolled my eyes and went to walk away. He grabbed my hand and pulled me flush against him. "I'll give you another baby if you let me take the cannon." Lloyd said and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart I patted my hand on his chest.

"Nice try but no. Come on the kids are ready to go." I said and Lloyd sighed as he took my hand but we walked to the waiting SUV.

"Your mom get moved in okay?" Lloyd asked and I nodded.

"Yeah she is all set." I said. Lloyd opened the door to the SUV. I stopped and turned to look at the house.

"You okay?" Lloyd asked and I sighed.

"We started our family here. I gave birth to the kids here. We made Tula here...everything happened. First steps, first words..." I trailed off and Lloyd said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Pumpkin, do you not want to leave? We don't have to go." Lloyd said and I sighed slightly shaking my head.

"No, we need a fresh start. We are keeping this place and get to come back." I said and Lloyd nodded. We got in the SUV and headed to the airstrip to get started on our new lives.

🔹 🔹 🔹

***LLOYD POV***

We had been moved to Cambridge for a few weeks. The kids all seemed happier, Jovi seemed more relaxed and everything was falling into place, even the dogs were adjusting nicely. The kids decided on Dalmatians, and they were good loyal dogs. I was in my office working in some paperwork on afternoon when there was a knock on the door. I looked up and saw Claire.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked and she came walking in. I saw her holding a folder.

"Can we talk?" Claire asked and I nodded as she sat down. She slid the folder over to me.

"What's going on?" I asked with a huffed laugh. I opened the folder and saw what was in there.

"I have to start filling these out. I know Jovi could help but I wanted to talk to you about the one on top." Claire said and I saw a college application for Harvard.

"Claire...you really want to go to Harvard?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I mean I'm still close to home. After everything in our lives, I don't want to leave." Jovi said and I nodded.

"So, you want help filling it out?" I asked and she nodded.

"Please." She said with a smile and I nodded as we started going over the form.

🔹 🔹 🔹

***NORMAL POV***

I walked down to Lloyd's office and heard him talk to Claire.

"When do you want to tell Jo? I mean she will be excited." Lloyd said. I moved so I couldn't be seen from the door.

"Tonight, at dinner. Thank you, Lloyd. And next week?" Claire asked and I got concerned.

"Yeah, it's all planned." Lloyd said and I made my presence known.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" I asked. Lloyd looked at Claire.

"We can tell her now." Lloyd said and Claire nodded. Claire handed me the form and I saw it was a Harvard college application.

"Claire, god are we already there?!" I asked in shock and she nodded. I then then looked at Lloyd.

"Harvard huh?" I asked and they both laughed.

"Lloyd also scheduled a visit and we are going next week." Claire said and I nodded.

"Okay I bet mom can watch the kids while -..."

"No Pumpkin, me and Claire are going to go." Lloyd spoke up and I looked at Claire.

"I mean you can come I just thought Lloyd could take me because he knows the school and the campus..." Claire trailed off and I shook my head placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Claire, it's fine. I'm happy you want to go somewhere close. I think it's good for Lloyd to take you too." I said and she smiled. "Now I have to talk to Lloyd, can you go see what the kids want for dinner?" I asked and Claire nodded leaving the office. I shut and locked the office door and Lloyd looked at me and smiled.

"What do you have planned?" Lloyd asked and I walked over and sat on his lap.

"Well, I have a gift for you and no it's not anything sexual." I said and he groaned. I pulled the box out from behind my back where I was hiding it and handed it to Lloyd. He smiled and opened the box. Once he saw what it was, he started laughing.

"Since you didn't get to bring yours from Croatia, I got you a toy one for your desk, even comes with little plastic balls that you can fire out of it." I said and Lloyd held on to me in his lap but leaned forward and placed the cannon on his desk. He then wrapped both arms around me.

"You are one amazing woman Jovi Hansen." Lloyd said and I leaned in and gave him a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck once we broke apart and just held on to him.

"Claire is going to college..." I said having the realization hit me and he chuckled.

"And you're okay with me taking her to Harvard for a visit?" Lloyd asked and I nodded.

"You know the place, I would be lost." I said and he nodded. "Just tell her what to stay away from. Don't need her recruited by the CIA." I said and Lloyd smiled with a nod.

"Even though you are doing the recruiting...? I know everything Jo, I know you were offered the job." Lloyd said and I groaned.

"I haven't accepted it yet. I have a family to consider. I went rogue. I didn't think I would ever do anything CIA again." I said and Lloyd shrugged.

"They want the best, you're the best." Lloyd said.

"How would you feel, me being full CIA Agent Hansen again?" I asked and Lloyd groaned.

"As long as you have no trips and it's just recruiting, I'm okay with it." Lloyd said but I just shrugged.

"I'll think about it...right now though..." I said and straddled his lap and he laughed. I leaned in and passionately kissed him. As we made out we heard both dogs start barking as the kids come downstairs. We both groaned.

"Later?" I asked.

"Later." Lloyd said.