Payback

***MELANIE POV***

We heard Lloyd and Jovi leave and I smiled. They seemed to be better than they had been in a while. Jovi wanting a baby was new, she knew what she went through with Tula, so I wasn't sure what she was thinking.

Lloyd mentioned the issue with the guy from Hawaii and I knew there was a problem, but I also knew Jovi and Lloyd could get it handled if it got out of hand and I didn't want to worry myself about it. The kids were already watching a movie and eating pizza. I grabbed myself a slice and sat on my bed.

I watched the kids laugh at some movie that was playing and sighed. Claire was back with us, and I knew soon she was going to be staying with us for good, wherever we ended up. It wasn't right for her to be away at boarding school, but Lloyd and Jovi thought it would be safe and the best for her. I knew we sent Jovi to boarding school as a kid and she hated it, I could never see why she agreed to send Claire.

"Grandma?" Tula asked and I looked at her.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Is Claire going home with us?" Tula asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know what your mom and dad are planning. I'm sure they will talk to us about it soon." I said.

"Mom and dad talked about moving." Preston spoke up.

"Moving?! Where?!" Claire asked panicked and I shook my head slightly.

"Lloyd mentioned maybe moving back to the states and moving to Cambridge." I said and Claire half nodded.

"I'll miss the castle." Preston said. He always called the Croatia place a castle, it looked like one, I will give him that. I sighed with a nod.

"But it will be nice to be back home again too. At least for me since it's all I've known." I said. It hit me then that even though they travel to the U.S. and everything and had dual citizen ship, the kids had only ever known Croatia.

As the kids sit and finish up their movie, I got to daydreaming about being back in the U.S. I also got to thinking about maybe getting my own place. Somewhere near the family but I think it was time they just be a family. Then there was the aspect of Claire. Did she stay with me or with Lloyd and Jovi? I was just zoned out when I heard some guards yelling in the hallway in their earpieces. The kids instantly got scared and all ran to my bed. Our door opened and a guard came in and blocked the connecting door to the rooms.

"What is going on?!" I asked panicked as I held all the kids close to me.

"There has been an intruder Mrs. Fitzroy, we need to keep you and the children safe." The guard said.

"Intruder?! What the hell? Are Jovi and Lloyd okay?!" I asked panicked. I got no answer. "ANSWER ME DAMNIT!" I yelled.

"Are my mom and dad dead?" Preston asked and I sighed and kissed the top of head.

"Mister and Misses Hansen are fine and safe at dinner."

We didn't hear anything for a minute until gunshots rang out and in the hallway. The kids screamed with each shot, I just closed my eyes holding them close. This was more than just a small issue and Lloyd wasn't here to deal with it. God, I prayed they were okay. I heard a gunshot ring out and the guard standing at the connecting door was shot dead and fell to the floor. The door busted open, I saw a man in all black and ski mask standing there.

"I don't know what you want but you can take it! Just please don't harm me or the children!" I said trying to stay calm and I placed all the kids behind me in a huddle on the bed.

"I want Jovi!" He yelled.

"Not my mom!" Preston yelled coming from behind me, but I pushed him back.

"I don't know what she did to you, but you will leave her and her family alone. Take anything else you want. I know the code to the safe. I can let you in. There are guns and money in the safe." I said and the man shook his head.

"I don't want guns or money. If I can't have Jovi..." He said and lunged towards Preston on the bed and went into attack mode and jumped on him.

"Kids run!" I screamed as they ran off the bed and ran to the door. The guy pistol whipped me, he chased after them and got to them before they got to the door. He picked them all up and threw them up on the bed where I was crawling up to.

He quickly grabbed zip ties and duck tap from his pockets. He lunged at us again and I kicked him in his chest with the little strength I had. He finally pulled his gun and shot me in the arm causing screams for everyone.

"STOP! I don't want to have to kill you! You aren't who I want dead!" He yelled. He quickly zipped tied mine and the girls' arms behind our backs and ankles. He then ducked tapped our mouths. He pointed the gun at Preston and I screamed though my mouth was tapped.

"Tell Jovi and Lloyd I said payback. They will never see him again." The man said and went to drag Preston out of the room, but he started fighting. The guy picked him up and put them face to face.

"STOP STRUGGLING! We are walking out of here like normal, got it?!" He said menacing to Preston and his eyes filled with tears, but he nodded. Once they got to the hallway the guards were lying on the floor.

"Are they all dead?" Preston asked.

"Not all of them, some are just knocked out." The man said and they rushed out.

I screamed trying to get anyone attention hoping someone would hear as well as doing my best to calm Tula and Claire. Preston was gone, if anything would turn Jovi back into her dark rogue CIA agent that killed her own father, this was it.