Helicopters & Chef's Tables

Lloyd would tell me nothing about this date and I sighed.

"When did you know I planned New York? I mean I tried keeping a lot of this under wraps." I said and Lloyd smiled.

"Pumpkin, you seem to forget who gets the credit card statements. I see everything you do..." Lloyd said and I smiled blushing.

"Everything?" I asked and he looked at me and smiled.

"Yep, so don't think the charge from Victoria Secrets went unnoticed and I'm wondering when I get to see everything you bought." Lloyd said and I smiled at him and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"All in do time..." I said and he growled. I looked in the front seat of the SUV and saw security guards.

"Will he be with us all night?" I asked and Lloyd nodded.

"Yes Jovi, I want you protected." Lloyd said.

"And you." I said and he sighed.

"I can protect myself but you need protection if I cant do it." Lloyd said and I sighed.

"Are you packing on date night?" I asked.

"When am I not?" Lloyd asked and I laughed. We finally arrived at the first stop and I looked at Lloyd confused.

"What is this?!" I asked and he helped me out of the car.

"Nighttime helicopter tour of New York." Lloyd said and I smiled at him. I gave him a small kiss as we walked to the helicopter. The guard walked to the pilot first. I wasn't sure what was said but then I saw Lloyds guard get in the pilot seat.

"Lloyd...come on, let the guy do his job." I said and he shook his head.

"Safety." Lloyd said and I groaned. Lloyd walked me towards the helicopter and helped me on.

"Headsets please." The guard said and We put them on. Lloyd took my hand as we took off and I smiled at him. I couldn't believe how tiny the city looked from the helicopter but the lights and everything, it was all amazing.

"What do you think pumpkin?" Lloyd asked and I smiled at him.

"It's amazing. I don't know what else you have planned but this might be the best thing ever." I said and he smiled. He leaned over and kissed my neck.

"Just wait." He said and I smiled.

We took the 30-minute ride around New York and then finally landed. Once we got back to the car Lloyd looked at the driver and he nodded.

"Ready for dinner Mr. Hansen?" He asked and Lloyd nodded.

"Yes." Lloyd said as he helped me in the SUV and then he got in. Once inside I subtly looked around and found the controls for the patrician window and started rolling it up.

"Pumpkin?" Lloyd asked and I smiled. I shook my head and once it was up I got up from my seat and straddled Lloyd's lap and he laughed.

"Well, now I'm regretting you not wearing a dress." Lloyd said and I smiled. I snaked my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist and held on. I leaned down and passionately kissed him and he groaned. We broke apart for a minute and I placed my forehead against his.

"Jo?" Lloyd asked and I just slightly shook my head.

"I want to thank you for everything. Lloyd, you said at the hotel this marriage hasn't always been the best and we have gone through so much. I mean I almost divorced you once, babies, murdering people...my family. You have no idea how grateful I am to have you in my life. There were times we could and should have killed each other but we always made it through. I love you Lloyd Hansen and I don't think I could ever imagine my life with anyone else." I said and he smiled at me as I pulled away from his forehead.

"Sunshine..." Lloyd said and I gasped.

"What happened to pumpkin?" I asked. He chuckled.

"You used to hate that nickname."

"It grew on me." I said and I swirled my hips on Lloyd's lap. "Speaking of growing things..." I said and Lloyd laughed.

"Sunshine, you're exactly that for me. You were light in my dark world. I know this life wasn't what either of us planned but I wouldn't have it any other way." Lloyd said.

"Even the 2 cock blockers?" I asked and he laughed.

"Even them." Lloyd said. I leaned back down, and we continued to make out. I felt the car to stop, and I looked out the window and gasped.

"Lloyd!" I freaked and he smiled.

"Only the best." Lloyd said and I laughed.

"We are going to be bankrupt by the time this is all over." I said and he laughed.

"Trust me pumpkin, we are fine but you need to get off my lap so we can go in and get dinner. I'm starving." Lloyd said and I smiled. I got off his lap and we headed inside. He walked us to the back, and I smiled knowing we had the chef's table. We were at the Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, and I smiled as Lloyd shook the Chef's hand.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hansen, so lovely to see you. Your table is already and set with the wine. Your first course will be ready in 15 minutes." He said and I smiled.

"Sounds amazing." Lloyd said.

We went and sat down as someone poured us wine and I looked at Lloyd.

"I can't believe you got us in here." I said.

"It pays to have money." Lloyd said and I laughed.

"That it does." I said and Lloyd sighed.

"Lloyd, you know I don't need lavish dinner, expensive gifts and things like that right? It was never about that for us. I miss the people we used to be in the normal house." I said and he sighed.

"I know but even then, I had this kind of money sweetheart, I just hid it." Lloyd said and I laughed.

"Wow." I said and he winked at me.

"But that brings me to my next topic actually." Lloyd said and I looked at him oddly.

"Okay..." I said.

"What if we moved from Croatia? What if we got the normal life again?" Lloyd said and I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked and Lloyd sighed.

"The kids need a normal life. We need a normal life. I will still work, maybe set up in a basement of a house or something but honestly pumpkin, we need to be in the states. We get a house, maybe outside New York, send the kids to private school, even get Claire back and send her to private school. Your mom can move in with us and give her, like an in-law suite...what do you think?" Lloyd asked and I just looked at him in shock and shook my head.

"Wow...um...I didn't even know that was ever an option." I said and he nodded.

"Of course, it is Jovi, I'm tired of not being here." Lloyd said and I nodded.

"Me too. Well after vacation we can start looking." I said and Lloyd nodded. He leaned across the table and gave me a small kiss.