Part 9

The next morning everything seemed quieter to Neteyam.
He was still processing the events of last night.

Her hands, and the way they moved, her lips against his. All of it. He was failing at trying to not think about it.

When he went outside his Marui, he noticed Raeya right away. She was again practicing her moves in the sand. Just like every morning.

Raeya looked in Neteyams direction, but she didn't look at him. He liked that she was so focused on her training. He thought it was cute.

Even if she did see him, she chose to ignore him. Raeya focused on her spear and kept going without stopping.

Neteyam saw that she was way to focused on her work, and decided not to call for her. Instead, he just stood there, watching her.

The way she controlled her breathing, the way her muscles were working and her calm and focused look. All of it made Neteyam chock on air.

Raeya usually practices for like two hours, but this time she cut it short. She put her spear back in its place and left.

She walked in the direction of the rock pools, where that party had been.

Although he felt curious about where she was going, he didn't want to follow her. He wanted to respect her privacy and keep his distance til she was ready to talk to him again.

At the rock pools, she met those same guys that were at the party that night.

When the guys noticed Raeya walking there, they cheered. "Heeeiii, look who's here!"

She walked closer to them, but stopped at a reasonable distance.

"What do you want?" She said in an annoyed tone and looked at Ka'i.

"Why so cold?" Ka'i stood up from where he was sitting and walked up to her,
"Relax princess, we just wanted to talk,"

She just looked at him and stood there. While Ka'i was coming up to her and smiling in a mischievous way.

He placed an arm over her shoulders and walked her closer to the others. She just walked without protesting. Because she needed to know, if this was about last night.

-Last night-

Raeya walked out of the forest with a smile on her face, she was trying to fight it and keep a straight face, but she couldn't. She held her fingers to her lips and smiled to herself.

When she started to walk to the eating place she suddenly stopped in her way when she noticed, them.

Ka'i and his friends were sitting away from the others. They all had food in their hands. And they all looked at her.

It was then that she realized that they had seen her grab Neteyams hand and disappear into the forest with him. And also seen her come out of there smiling and alone.

She looked back to the forest and then back to them. Her eyes stayed glued to Ka'i's.

She could tell that he had seen them, and that this sort of site, was amusing him.

She chose to ignore them however, and hope that they didn't put two and two together.

---

Ka'i had then asked her in the morning to meet him at the rock pools after her practice.

It was unusual for him to be up at such an hour, but she didn't question it. And she only agreed to meet him because she had to make sure they didn't tell anyone about what they saw.

----
"So last night, right, I was just chilling with my homeboys at the community dinner. And out of nowhere, my two eyes see a little picture that I don't think I was supposed to see." His words made Raeya feel very nervous, he knows, she thought.

"And what does this have to do with me?" She had to play dumb. It was her only way out of it.

"You, my friend, have everything to do with this. And don't play dumb with me," he continued.

"The things that I saw, well they can't be true because if they were...," he looked at her with a fake sadness in his eyes," then someone might get really hurt."

Raeyas fear increased. She thought to herself, what ever he wanted she was willing to give to him. As long as no one finds out.

"Just get to your point Ka'i. I don't have all day,"

"What is it about him, huh? Why him to begin with? I'm not stupid Raeya. And I don't care if all you did was hold hands with him or if you fucked him. The point is, that this will get him and his entire family kicked out of our clan."

His words seemed more like a threat than a friendly conversation.

"And the thing is, I'm not the only one here that thinks that the forest freaks should go. As it seems, everyone thinks that."

Everyone? Everyone wants them to leave?

Raeyas heart was pounding so hard that she could have had a hear attack right there, but she managed to successfully slow it down.

She took a deep breath and stepped closer to Ka'i.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. And why would I care if no one likes their family? Im not even friends with them," she looked him deep in his eyes the whole time. That is how she wanted to show him that she was not lying.

"Well, maybe its a good thing that you aren't friends with them. Because then you wouldn't care if we play a little prank on them, or?" His question startled her. What prank? What was he planning?

"What did you do?"

He just smiled and started to back away. He lifted his hands in the air and laughed.

Now Raeya was truly scared. Ka'i was a nown prankster, and some of them, were really cruel.

---

She ran back to the village. Only to see that everything was fine.

Neteyam was sitting on the sand with Kiri and Tuk. Lo'ak was talking to Aonung and...

Lo'ak and Aonung???

She walked over to them, but before she could say anything Aonung walked away.

She looked at him suspiciously and called for Lo'ak.

"Hei Lo'ak, what were you two talking about?" She tried to seem as casual as possible, but she was still suspicious.

"Aonung apologized for that night and asked if we could be friends," Lo'aks tone seemed okay and Raeyas mind calmed down. It just seemed like Aonung really wanted to make up for what he did.

"Oh that's nice,"

"He invited me fishing later with his friends," he said

"Well, that sounds nice, I hope you have a good time," she gave him a small smile.

Maybe Ka'i was just joking?

I hope he was just joking.