Part 8

Once a month the entire village gatheres around and has a big community dinner.

The older Na'vi prepare the dinner and the younger Na'vi hunt and gather supplies for it. They spend the entire day preparing for it.

The young kids were split up into groups, who then had to hunt something specific for them to later eat or use for cooking.

Kiri was teamed up with Tsireya and another Na'vi kid. They gathered spices for the food from a small garden on the island.

Lo'ak was pared up with some other boys who he had talked to few times before, they were mostly just trying to be nice to the new kid tho. They had to hunt for insects and larva in the nearby forest.

And Neteyam was pared up with the two people he had hoped to not be pared up with. Raeya and Aonung. They had to catch fish near the lagoon.

----
They didn't speak a word to each other for a long time. Neteyam was at shore counting and cleaning all the fish they had caught. And Aonung and Raeya where down in the water with their spears, catching the fish.

"This is so fucked up," she uttered under her breath. Raeya was uncomfortable. She didn't know that to say or do. She kept looking back at shore to see if Neteyam was maybe looking at her.

"Not my fault we got pared up with him,"

"I want to say something, I feel like I'm supposed to say something to him, right?" The look on her face gave Aonung all the information he needed.

He sighed heavily, "Don't worry, I got this," he said and started walking back to shore without saying anything else.

"What are you doing!" She whispered loudly. But he didn't look back. He made it close to the shore line.

"Hei! Switch with me," he said and looked at Neteyam.

"What?"

"Switch with me, my arm is hurting, I don't know if I can keep catching fish like that," his tone didn't waiver, he was calm and looked at Neteyam with a blank expression.

Neteyam looked at him confused, but then stood up. He took the spear from Aonung and looked at Raeya who was still in the water.

When she noticed Neteyams gaze on her she turned around quickly and focused on fishing.

"Oh Eywa give me strength for this," she uttered quietly.

Before Neteyam could protest, Aonung sat down and took over his job of counting and cleaning the fish.

He then walked to Raeya and quietly started to spear fish.

After several minutes of awkward silence, neither of them could take it anymore.

"I just-," they both said at the same time.

Raeya looked at Neteyam and smiled.
"You go first," she said.

"I just wanted to ask you something," he started, Raeya was anticipating him to ask about the other night and the events that occurred. Raeya knew that this question could completely ruin their relationship. She was ready to hear the worst.

"What was that song that you were singing at that party?" He looked at her all innocent.

She was confused," what?"

"That song, that you and Tsireya sang. I just thought it was really beautiful and wanted to know what it was." His question was completely innocent and pure in intention.

"Oh, that," she was relieved. His question was nothing but a simple one.

"Me and Tsireya use to sing this all the time. It's supposed to imitate the mating call of this bird that lives here on the island." She was taken back to all the times that she and Tsireya would sing this when they were younger.