part 27

Sorry for the wait. I was kinda struggling with writing the ending to this book and I needed a brake. But I'm back now and the book is almost done so I can't wait for you guys to read it.

"So what's the plan?" Aonung grabbed the spear that Raeya threw him and walked after her.

Raeya knew that the adults wouldn't let them fight with the sky people so she had come up with a plan. They walked to Tonowaris Marui to look at the map again.

"Raeya, as much as I like not following orders I really don't think this is a good idea." This was the first time that Lo'ak had spoken since the adults left. And his words made Raeya stop in her tracks.

She looked at the boy with confused eyes and said to him, "Lo'ak, I don't know about you, but I would do anything to save someone I love. Wouldn't you?"

Lo'ak looked at Aonung, he knew that they both wanted for Tsireya to return safe and unharmed. But for the first time in his life, not following direct orders felt wrong and dangerous.

"Of course I would, but getting killed is not going to help anyone." He had a point. None of them had ever fought in a real battle before. None of them had ever killed anyone.

"You're right, but that's exactly why we can't get killed." Aonung stepped forward to show Raeya that he was with her no matter what. He was always loyal to her, and always would be. She nodded in response to him.

Lo'ak sighed and said, "Alright, but what if we get caught?"

"Then there is nothing they can do, when we are already out there it's not like their gonna send us back." She said. To Raeya her plan was clean and simple. Get there, rescue their friends, get out and everything will be fine.

But Lo'ak meant something else, "No, I mean what if we get caught by them?" He was talking about the sky people. And he had a point. If they got caught by the sky people, the adults would also have to save them. And that would also mean that they would get grounded for life. If they made it out alive.

The girl walked forward and took out that map, she laid it down on the surface and looked at it in thought, "then we just can't get caught." She said in a serious tone.

They nodded to each other and looked at that map together. They came up with a simple plan in only a few minutes and agreed to one simple rule. Don't get caught.

Before they could finish their discussion an older Metkayina boy walked in and saw the teenagers looking at the map.

"Hey, what do think you're doing?" He said.

The kids looked at each other and bolted out the doorway. Right past that boy. Aonung grabbed his spear and Raeya her bow. They ran to the edge of the platform and called for their Ilus.

"Hey get back here! You aren't suppose to leave!" He yelled at them. But they already jumped into the water and took off towards the cave of the three brothers.

-----

All of the kids were tied up to the railing. And the avatars were keeping a close eye on them. This was perfect, all they had to do now was wait for Jake to show up to save his children. And just as expected, he did.

A group of Metkayina warriors on skimwings turned the corner, letting themselves be known to the people on the ship. Neteyam and Tuk looked and saw their father riding a skimwing and their mother in the sky on an Ikran.

The guards focused on the incoming crowd, and started raising their guns.

"Dad!" Tuk yelled out.

Quaritch, who was the leader, started to shout out orders.

"Spread out! And guns ready!"

He looked back at the Metkayina. This was exactly what he had wanted. Everything was going according to plan.

Jake, who was practically leading the warriors with Tonowari, told them to stop. Tonowari told this command to the rest of the warriors, and they stopped movement, not too far from the ship.

Back on the ship, Quaritch removed the communication device that Neteyam was wearing and took his earpiece. Putting the earpiece on and holding the speaker to his mouth, he started to speak.

Jake looked through the eyeglass of his gun and started to look at who was on the ship. "They got our kids-" He looked to the right. "And yours, It's Tsireya." Tonowari let out a sound, obviously upset. Ronal hissed. Nobody can mess with her daughter.

Suddenly Quaritch started to speak into the mouthpiece. "Jake" He said. "Tell your friends to stand down. You want your kids back? You come out alone."

Then he held a gun up to the back of Neteyams head. "You know better than to test my resolve." Neteyam felt the tip of the gun rest against the back of his head, but his face held no fear.

The moment the gun went towards Neteyams head, Tsireya yelled out,  "Neteyam! No!" She tried to fight against the restraints but failed.

Jake looked into his eyeglass but shoved the gun away from his face, knowing he had no option but to go. "I took you under my wing Jake" Jake heard in his earpiece. "You betrayed me. You killed your own. Good men, good women. I will not hesitate to execute your kid."

Jake looked at the ship that held his children, and lowered his gun. "Just wait one minute" Jake replied to Quaritch and put his gun behind him.

He looked to Tonowari then to Ronal. Looking behind him, he saw all the ready warriors. "Hold here" Jake put his hand up, a motion for them to stay put.

Tonowari put his spear in front of Jake to stop him. "They are killers of Tulkun. They must die. Here. Today." He said to Jake. Jake looked at him.

"It's me that they want. That's what all this has been about, right? The hunting of the Tulkun. The taking of our kids." He said to Tonowari.

Tonowari held a conflicted face. Ronal just looked at the ocean in front of her. "You brought this upon us. You!" She said accusingly. Jake nodded. "Then it's me that has to do this." Tonowari gave Jake a look that Jake didn't understand.

"What's it gonna be? The offer's gonna expire." Quaritch said through the earpiece. "I'm coming out." Jake responded.

Up above, Neytiri saw her husband separate from the others.

"MaJake what is happening?" She asked through the earpiece, but he didn't respond.

"MaJake?" She asked again.

Jake looked down, knowing that if he answered, Quaritch would hear too.

Next to Quaritch, a squad member of his aimed directly at Jake.

"Easy shot" He remarked. Quaritch lowered his member's gun.

"You attack now, they attack." He paused.

"Wait till he's on board."