Part 11

"Lo'ak!"

"Where are you!"

"Lo'ak"

Raeya and Aonung were swimming on the outskirts of the reef with her Ilu. She felt responsible for Lo'aks disappearing. So she needed to find him.

Jake Sully and his entire family were all looking for him. Neytiri and Neteyam flew on their Ikran to get a better view. Kiri and Tuk were searching on land, just in case Lo'ak came back and no one noticed.

Raeya looked up at the sky, where Neteyam was. He looked very majestic with his Ikran. Seeing him reminded her of when she had asked Neteyam to take her on a flight with an Ikran.

But now that Aonung had pulled this sort of crap, her chances of ever being allowed to fly with his Ikran, decreased.

Raeya dove down and swam further away from the reef. She even called for other Ilu to come to her, and signed them to look for Lo'ak.

They needed to find him before it got dark. And by the look of the sunset, they didn't have much time left.

"Dammit Aonung, what is the matter with you?!" Raeya scolded him.

"I didn't know he was gonna disappear. It was suppose to be just a simple prank," he pleaded, but Raeya didn't even listen.

"Why would you even do something that Ka'i tells you?" Raeya was beyond confused with Aonung, he didn't like Ka'i, he never has. So why would he do something that he asks of him?

Aonung was quiet, his eyes dotted down to the water. He knew why, but he didn't know how to tell her why.

"Raeya, I-"

"Save it. I don't want to hear it right now."

"Lo'ak!!!" Neytiri screamed.

Raeya and Aonung looked at the reef and saw Lo'ak swimming towards the village. Neytiri flew down to him and followed him to one of the boats that took him on board.

The boat took them back to the village, and as they arrived everyone came up there. Including Tonowari, Ronal and Raeyas father.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri called as she stepped down to her son. She put her hands on his arms and quickly looked him over.

She was furious. "I pray to for the strength that I will not pluck the eyeballs out of my youngest son!" She snapped her hands over his eyes, to which he moved his head lazily.

Raeya and Aonung came in on Raeyas Ilu and stepped on the platform. Before Aonung could disappear, his father grabbed him by his arm and held him there.

"No, my son knows better than to take him outside the reef." By his sholder, Tonowari pushed down Aonung to kneel. He looked down in shame. "The blame is his."

Jake had thought it was over. "Okay, let's go-"

"-No," Lo'ak suddenly interrupted.

"This is not Aonung's fault. This was my idea. Aonung tried to talk me out of it. Really." He is taking the blame?

Aonung looked at Lo'ak with a shocked face. He glanced back at Raeya, who was just confused.

Lo'ak got up on the platform and left with his family. Leaving Aonung in a search for words.

Tonowari eyed his son, "Is it true, Aonung. Or did he just take the blame for you?" He questioned sternly.

Aonung looked back at Raeya, she shook her head no to signal him to not lie.

"You heard him, it was his idea," he said.

Raeya felt like she was looking at a complete stranger, not her life long best friend.

She took off in an angry matter. Leaving Aonung to his mother and father to handel. She walked over to the beach.

She was hoping to find some peace and quiet there to just process everything, but the one guy that she didn't want to see, was coincidentally there.

Ka'i.

As soon as she saw him, her blood started to boild inside her.

"Well I see they found the lost forest boy so, everything is fine now." He looked at Raeya trying to start a conversation, but Raeya wouldn't look at him.

"Aaww, don't be mad, I guess now that they realize how dangerous it is for them to be here, they'll finally leave," he tried to put one hand on Raeyas shoulder. But it backfired.

Raeya balled up her fist and punched him right in his face.

Ka'i stumbled back and placed his hand over his nose.

"Ooww, what was that?" He said all confused.

"So that's why you did it. You want them to leave. You don't want them to take up room in your life," Raeya had figured it out. Everything that Ka'i had done, it was all to get rid of the Sully family.

She grabbed Ka'i by his chin and made him look at her.

"Listen to me, and do it carefully," she started, "if you ever touch one of them again, next time, I will punch you so hard, that you won't remember you own name."

Ka'i was now scared. He knew Raeya, and the fact that she was not lying about punching him that hard. Raeya was strong, so if she wanted to, she could do it.

She let go of the boys face and watched as he fell down to the ground.

She turned around and walked away towards her Marui. She had had enough of everything that had happened. All that she wanted was to be alone and just rest.

But that would not happen.

When she got to her room, she sighed heavily and sat down on the floor. She planted her face in the palms of her hands.

She felt betrayed and hurt. Over the past couple of day, her whole world had begun to crumble.

Her life long friend, Aonung, was acting like a total stranger to her. His actions and words were all out of the usual.

And then ther was Ka'i. He and Raeya first became friends when he use to train with her in the mornings, because he wanted to be good warrior. Raeya will always remember their early morning sparing matches.

But ever since he returned from that expedition, he was different. He was no longer the sweet guy she had remember.

Raeya was deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear the approaching footsteps.

"Raeya," a voice sounded from the doorway.

Raeya looked up and saw a familiar face.
Neteyam.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I saw that you were pretty tense before." His words sounded so calm and delicate. He was being careful.

And that tone of voice he used melted Raeyas defenses down like hot lava.

She stood up and walked to the doorway, she grabbed Neteyam by his arm and guided him inside, to her room.

She looked him in the eyes, and saw how soft his gaze was. She felt like Neteyam was a fresh breath of air next to all the drama she had been through in the past few hours.

"We don't have to talk. I just want to know if you are okay," he reached his arm out to her face and used it to turn her face to his direction.

But Raeya didn't even feel like saying if she was okey or not. The truth is, she didn't know.

Instead she just fell into his arms and wrapped her arms around his waist.

At first Neteyam was a little startled, but when he got use to the feeling of Raeya in his arms, he two wrapped his arms around her.

They didn't need to speak, just hug. He moved one of his hands to her head and used it to hug her stronger.

Raeya could feel the warmth of Neteyams skin, and all of it made her feel like she was safe. Safe from the troubles of the world. And safe from all her problems.

Frankly, she didn't want to let him go, ever.