version one, part 2

The sound of silence filled Raeyas ears.

There was no feeling left in her. She was empty.

Neteyam, the love of her life, was dead.

As the ringing of the silence filled the air around her, she stood there, watching. At that moment she could only process little things, one at a time.

Raeya held the bow that he had given her in her hands and looked down at it. She ran her finger along markings on it.  The feelings that she felt took her back to when he gave it to her.

The way he looked at her, and the things he said. It all came rushing back.

But now, all of it was gone. That feeling of love and happiness, gone.

"Raeya," a familiar voice said. It was Aonung, with tears in his eyes he reached out his hand to her, "we have to go. We can't stay here." Aonung was also trying to process the death of his friend.

But he had to prioritize the safety of the ones that were alive. He stepped closer to the girl, but still kept his distance. He didn't want to brake her, as she was like a doll made out of fragile glass.

The girl didn't respond.

She just turned around and looked back at the lifeless body of Neteyam. She couldn't fully even look at him anymore. It was just too painful.

"Raeya," he said and stepped closer again and tried to grab her arm.
But Raeya yanked it away, "don't," she whispered, "don't, touch me."

Raeya didn't want to be touched. She wanted to be left alone. It was her way of  avoiding completely braking down.

Tears were now starting to run down her numb face. She didn't feel sad or anything, she just felt nothing.

"Raeya, we have to go back."

He grabbed her arm one more time but she just pushed him away.

Aonung didn't know what to do anymore so he looked at his sister. Tsireya was sitting next to Lo'ak who was also crying and grieving the loss of his brother.

Everything around them was in chaos. And it wasn't safe for them. He had to get them out of there.

"Tsireya, we have to go," he said in hopes that she would listen to him.

But Tsireya didn't move, "I can't," she said and put her hands on Lo'aks back to comfort him.

Aonung was now getting angry. They had to leave. It was not safe for them.

He looked at Raeya one last time. He saw the pain and numbness in her eyes, but he knew that he had to do something.

He looked at his sister, she will be fine, he thought. She has Lo'ak.

Aonung walked to Raeya. He was just going to give her a choice about this.
He grabbed her by her waist and started dragging her to his Ilu.

"No! Aonung please," she fought back. But she was too weak to fight him off. All she could do was let him drag her away.

As she screamed and tried to fight back Aonung came to a stop in front of his Ilu.
"Raeya, listen to me," he placed both his hands on her face and looked at her with a soft gaze, "this place is not safe. Do you hear me?"

Raeya stood there listening to his words, tears were rolling down her face.

"We have to leave. Please, I can't lose you." He said. Raeya opened her mouth to speak, her voice was barely over a whisper. "I lost him."

Her words hurt her even more. She began to cry. Saying it out loud was the last straw for her.

"I know. But right now, we have to get out of here. Once we are safe, you can cry all you want to. And I will be there to hold you."

His words calmed her down and she nodded. He took her hand and together they rode out on his Ilu.

-----
They were right outside the lagoon of their village when Aonung came to a stop.

"Raeya, you okay?" He asked, even though he knew the answer to that already.

She didn't respond, but that was enough of an answer to him.

They could hear familiar voices coming from the beach.

"Have you seem my daughter? She was suppose to be here?" Raeyas dad was questioning everyone he walked past.

Together they swam to the beach, no one noticed them arrive so Aonung took that moment to speak to her before they will get in trouble for leaving the village

"Raeya," he started, he took her hand in his and looked at her with a serious face. Raeyas face however was blank.

"I need you to know that I am here for you. And I promise to you that I will do everything in my power to make sure that these sky people suffer for what they did to you."

Raeyas eyes widened and she looked at Aonung with confusion.

"I promise that no matter how long it takes me. I will make them pay. And I will keep you safe form them for as long as it takes."

The girl looked at him. This was the first time in her life that someone had made such a promise to her.

"You promise?" She questioned. She wanted to make sure that it wasn't just something he said to make her feel better.

"I promise."

And next up is the 15 years later chapter. Probably one of my favorites btw. And that one will be a lot less sad than this, just so you know.
And thank you so much for 30k 💜💜💜