Part 10

The evening was quiet. Raeya just helped her father do some things and enjoyed the calm air.

Kiri had offered to help her, so together they were packing up some of Raeyas old stuff in her room.

Most of it were just small seashells or trinkets that she had collected over the years. But a lot of it was also training stuff, like her fishing bow and her first spear.

Kiri picked up a knife made out of sea glass, "Wow, you really do like your weapons," Kiri said in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, well like my father says, you can never have two many forms of protection."

Raeya pulled out an old piece of wood that was under her storage bin. On that piece of wood was a drawing.

"Oh my Eywa, I had forgotten about this," what she held in her hands was drawing that Aonung had made for her birthday years ago.

Back when her mother was still alive and everything was right in the world. Aonung use to give Raeya all sorts of gifts. And one of those gifts was a small drawing of her and Aonung.

Raeya sat down on the ground and looked at the piece of wood in her hand. Kiri walked over to her and took a seat next to her.

"What is that?" Kiri looked at the piece of wood, but to her it just seemed like a weird scribble.

"It's me and Aonung at the spirit tree. We use to go there all the time when we were younger." She had a smile on her face. This drawing took her back years, to a simpler time.

Kiri saw Raeyas face and questioned her feelings towards him.

"Not that it is any of my business, but do you have something going on with Aonung?"

Raeya looked at her with a sad face. She didn't know how to answer.

"Its all very complicated, and I don't believe me telling you about this will make things any better for you."

Kiri could sense that Raeya was going trough something that she did not want to talk about. And with that she stood up and gave Raeya her hand.

"Come, I think we can take a small break from all this," she smiled to Raeya and held out her hand.

Raeya and Kiri had only had small acquaintances from time to time, but they had never hung out, just the two of them.

Raeya gladly accepted Kiris offer and together they walked out of Raeyas Marui. Kiri suggested that they take a swim to cool off, and Raeya agreed.

They ran right into the sea and dove in.

Raeya loved the way that Kiri swam around the reef, her eyes were filled with wonder and curiosity. It reminded her of the little Metkayina children, when they first swim in the reef.

Raeya showed Kiri some cool things that could be found around the reef. Like these oyster seashells that grew underneath big rock formations. Or this beautiful ocean butterfly like thing, that can help the Metkayina people breathe longer under water.

Before they could return to the surface however, they saw a couple of Ilu with riders come in from the outer reef.

When the Ilus swam by Kiri and Raeya, they noticed that there was one without a rider on it.

The stopped before they were two close to the village and stayed behind some big rocks.

Four Ilus, but three riders. This is unusual.

Raeya surfaced and swam towards them quietly, Kiri followed her suit.

They stayed on the other side of the rock and listened in on their conversation.