Part 15

Neteyam and Raeya were walking around the forest. The glowing plants light up their walkway and illuminated their bodies.

She held onto his hand as she walked through the trees. To Neteyam navigating in the forest was second nature, but to Raeya, it was more difficult.

She would stumble and trip on tree routes and fallen branches, but every time, Neteyam would catch her.

They made it all the way to the other side of the island. It was quite different there. No houses or people. Just these big boats.

"What are these?" Neteyam walked over to one of these boats and put his hand on it. It was made out of wood and had all sorts of carvings on it.

Raeya watched as Neteyam admired the boats.

"Our ancestors came to this island on these big boats, before we adapted to swim and breathe under water." She spoke about this with pride. This was apart of her history and her culture.

"Wow, this is nuts"

Neteyam turned around and met Raeyas gaze. She was staring at him and smiling.

"You know, I once asked you if you could take me to fly with your Ikran. Is that offer still standing?" She looked at him with sweet eyes. Raeya had always wondered what flying felt like. And this was her chance.

"I know, I remember, but it's dangerous. And what if your father doesn't allow it?"

"Then he doesn't have to know," Neteyam knew that this was not the best idea, but he wanted to do it. To take her flying.

Like his parents, they would go on dates and fly with Ikran. So naturally, Neteyam thought that this was romantic and the thought of doing it with Raeya, entertained him.

"Fine, but only for a little bit."

Raeya smiled and grabbed Neteyam by his hand. She dragged him back into the trees and back to the village.

---

"You go get the Ikran ready, I'll go get my knife,"

"Your knife?"

"You are never suppose to leave the reef without your knife silly." To Raeya this made perfect sense, but Neteyam felt confused about it.

Raeya ran back to her Marui and quickly grabbed her knife, she was trying to be quick about it, to avoid getting seen by someone.

But she wasn't quick enough.

"Raeya!" Her fathers voice froze her to the ground. She was caught.

"I can't speak right now dad, I have stuff to take care of," she was trying to not look at him. She wanted to get away as fast as possible.

"You are not going anywhere. We need to talk." His voice and stern and serious. She had no way out. She looked at the rocks in the distance where the Ikran were, and thought about how Neteyam was waiting for her.

"Fine, what do you want to talk about?" Shw turned around, but she wasn't expecting to see Aonung standing next to her father.

Aonungs face was nervous, he mouthed 'sorry' to Raeya and looked at her father.

Did he tell him something that he wasn't suppose to?

"Dad what is this?" She questioned.

"You should tell me. I haven't seen you for two days. And this one," he pushed Aonung by his shoulder," claims that he doesn't know anything. But he's not a good lier."

"Dad I-,"

"Have you been running around with that forest boy?"

That was not going to end well. Raeya didn't know how to answer that, she just looked at Aonung who slowly shaked his head, signaling her to not say anything.