Part 12

Neteyam and Raeya stood there, hugging each other for at least ten minutes. They didn't speak anything, just hugged.

Raeya could feel Neteyams heart beat as her head was against his chest.

She could hear how calm and steady it was.

She lifted her head away from his chest and looked up at his face. He felt her movement and looked down to meet her gaze.

Her eyes dotted between his eyes and lips. All she wanted was to feel like she did that night, when they first kissed.

She stood up on her toes and closed to gap between their lips.

Neteyam didn't hesitate to kiss back, as soon as their lips connected he felt whole again. He two had been craving her lips since that night.

He had never kissed a girl before in his life, but had seen other Na'vi do it. So he new some tricks.

He ran his hand into Raeyas hair and used it to guide her face to fit their lips better together. Once he found the perfect position for their lips, he used to placement of his hands to pull Raeya closer to him.

Their kiss deepened quick. She pulled away slightly to catch her breath, but Neteyam pulled her right back. Neteyams tail was going haywire. It was swinging around like a cats tail when it's existed.

Even though they wanted to kiss forever, they still needed air. Neteyam pulled away first. He regretted it as soon as he felt how lonely his lips were without hers.

Raeya stepped down and looked Neteyam into his eyes. She smiled at him. She knew exactly what she wanted to say to him.

Raeya opened her mouth to speak,
"Neteyam, I se- ," she was cut off my another voice.

"Raeya, I-," Aonung stepped into her Marui.

Right when Raeya and Neteyam heard his voice they jumped apart. Neteyam turned to his side and looked at the wall as if it was very interesting.

Raeya just stood there, she was disappointed again by the fact that Aonung had interrupted their moment.

"Oh, I didn't know you had...company." He eyed both Neteyam and Raeya. He was not stupid, he knew, 'I can come back later,"

Neteyam didn't look towards Aonung, he was scared that his blushing face would give away what they had been doing.

"What did you want, Aonung?" Raeya slightly regretted asking him, but she couldn't just leave him hanging. She couldn't, it was her nature.

"I just wanted to talk. That's all, but if you're busy I'll just talk later," Aonung voice suggested that he was guilty, he wanted to clear his consciousness. And for him the only way to do it, was to talk to Raeya.

Before Raeya could say anything, Aonung walked out. She looked back at Neteyam who was still admiring the wall.

He looked back at her and even without words they could understand each other. Raeya gave Neteyam a look that said, that she can't not talk to him. And Neteyams look said that she should do whatever feels right.

With that she ran out her Marui and after Aonung.

"Aonung wait," she caught up with him, "just talk, but I don't want lame excuses, I want the truth."

He looked at her pleading eyes. This was a rare look for Aonung, as he was a man of honor and pride just like his father. But when it came to Raeya, he knew he had to be honest, both to her and himself.

"Ever since these people came here, everything has changed. You have changed, Tsireya has changed. It's like Eywa knows that something is up." His words came out fast, it was obvious that he had kept all of that bottled up for quite some time.

He continued," I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being rude and being annoying and also for acting like an ass. But I can't help it Raeya. I- I just miss you so much."

His eyes were getting teary and so were Raeyas.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in these past couple of day at all, and above all I feel like I'm loosing you. I know that these past few years have been rough on us, but I never imagined that I would lose you like that." A singel tear fell down his face.

He had kept all of his emotions hidden from everyone in his life. And it was killing him. He tried to distract himself, by acting like a dumb ass, but it didn't work.

"Aonung, I know that things are changing bu-,"

"Raeya," he lookes deep into her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I know that you love Neteyam, I'm not blind. I saw you that night sneaking into the woods and I saw you today. If you really like him and want to be with him, I'll talk to my father and get him to brake the agreement."

His words were sincere, he really did want to make Raeya happy, and for them to go back to the way they had once been.

There it was, a glimpse of hope for her to hold onto. She had needed that glimpse for a very long time, even before Neteyam came into her life.

She grabbed Aonungs hand and brought it to her chest, she needed to say it, " I see you, Aonung" she said and looked him in the eye.

"I see you," he repeated and held her hand.

Neteyam, who was standing at the doorway of Raeyas Marui, he saw and heard all of it. It was then that he had started to understand, what the story that Tsireya told him and Lo'ak really meant.

It wasn't just a story about Raeya and her being forced to marry someone she didn't want to. But rather a story about two best friends, who had to overcome great difficulties and challenges, and yet they still care and look out for each other. It was a story about friendship.

And Neteyam knew, that even if him and Raeya were to be together for the rest of their lives, Aonung would always be apart of hers.

That was just the way it would be.