part 17

-Meanwhile in the village.-

"Neteyam come back here!"

It was to late, Neteyam had already taken off with Raeya. Leaving his parents and Raeyas dad to just stand there.

"Your son took my daughter! What are you going to do about that?" Raeyas father demanded.

But before anything could escalate, Tonowari came in between them and said, "I don't want another word out of any of you. Inside, now."

Tonowari was a calm man, he wasn't the type to scream and yell, but it was exactly that calm tone of voice that he used, that scared both Jake and Lau'ri.

Tonowari took them back to his home and sat them down, just like he had sat his children down the other day.

"This incident has gotten way out of hand already, and I will not have this sort of disorder in my village."

Lau'ri was eyeing Jake and Neytiri, he was contemplating on whether or not to say something.

"Tonowari, I believe there has been a misunderstanding," Jake began, but he was quickly cut off by Lau'ri.

"Misunderstanding? Your son has been running around with my daughter, who is promised to the chiefs son!" He blew his fuse again.

"Enough!" Tonowari placed both his hands in front of his mouth and blew hard, to signal that he wanted silence.

"We are all grown ups here. We will handel this situation accordingly." He looked at both Jake and Lau'ri.

"Jake Sully, I believe that your son, Neteyam has intervened in something that he doesn't understand," Tonowari explained to him, that Raeya had been promised to another and that his relationship with her, was breaking that promise.

"I am sorry, I will talk-" Jake began but he was cut off by Neytiri, who had been listening to the whole conversation from the corner of the room.

"You are saying that falling in love is not allowed?" She approached Lau'ri and looked him in the eyes.

"You are denying your daughter love, she didn't do anything wrong."

"You don't know what you are talking about,"

"Didn't she say that she doesn't love Aonung? And you want to still marry her off like that?" Neytiri understood the situation better than anyone.

After all, she to had once been promised to another. But she fell in love with Jake and that changed everything for her. She understood what her son was going through.

"Majake, you remember what it was like for us, back when you first came here. How you made me fall in love with you?" Her words were speaking directly to Jakes heart, and he couldn't deny it. He looked at Neytiri and sighed.

"I need to know something," Jake began.

They invited Aonung into the room.

"Aonung answer this question, and answer truthfully. Do you or do you not love Raeya," his father questioned.

"No, not in that way," his answer was sure and confidant.

"Dad, we have told you and Lau'ri this hundreds of times, we don't want to marry each other, this isn't fair to us," Aonung was making a point to his father. He had been waiting so long to be listened to like this.

"Then who are we to deny you both happiness. Lau'ri, I believe that the children are right, we have taken away their freewill, we have to make this right," Tonowari knew that this was a difficult thing for his friend, as this agreement was only made to protect his daughter.