Chapter 10

By the end of the day Kirishima felt like he was walking on eggshells around the explosive boy. He didn't know how to breach the subject to someone such as Bakugo. This required a lot of thinking and trying to handle it delicately.

"GET A FUCKIN MOVE ON SHITTY HAIR!" The star of his current thoughts yelled over his shoulder.

"Argh!" Kirishima started speeding. Everyone was on their way to their teachers outside already waiting for them. They all had on their typical gym uniforms and were instructed by All Might and Mr. Aizawa that this exercise was a no quirk type.

By the time everyone was lined up Mr. Aizawa already looked beyond bored. "Took you guys long enough."

"Alright! Now that everyone is here, we thought it would be fun to see all the progress you have done working alongside your partner!" All Might had his usual warm smile on. Uraraka can't help but glance at her partner towards the end of the line seeing his eye twitch.

"It's simple really. We want everyone to finish this obstacle course we set up for you. But the only way you will complete this task is if both of you finish together. And remember NO QUIRKS."

Yawning Mr. Aizawa made his way into his sleeping bag "I'll give you 10 minutes to strategize with your partners." He looked at All Might "Wake me when this is finished."

Looking around she sees her partner already stretching his legs from side to side. Determined not to mess this up for the both of them she clenches her fist in front of her as she makes her way towards him.

"Hey Bakugo, you ready for this?!" jumping and smiling up at him. He merely takes a bored glance at her and rolls his eyes continuing stretching his arms.

"Bakugo?" She tilts her head walking around to try and make eye contact. He just looks the other way.

Quirking an eyebrow, she starts doing her stretches keeping an eye on him. He turns his back towards her and continues.

Lifting a finger to her chin "eh why are you ignoring me?"

Rolling his shoulders, he still says nothing and looks anywhere but her.

After a while she lets out a big puff of air. "Bakugo?!" Now she's starting to get frustrated. She thought they were finally making progress and now it looks like she's right back where she started.

He shoves his hands in his pockets and starts walking away with his usual scowl.

"Bakugo!" jogging up to him. "Bakugo wait!" she reaches her hand out grabbing him by the arm. Which apparently was the wrong move because he suddenly yanks his arm away like she was burning him.

"Get. The Hell. Off. Me." He slowly growls at her. She was completely taken aback by the furious look on his face. What could she have possibly done now to get him this mad? Lifting her hands up in surrender, she takes a small step back.

"B-Bakugo what's wrong?" She whimpers. Noticing he won't say anything, she continues. "Look whatever it is that's bothering you, let's go ahead and put that aside. We have an obstacle course to do- "

"WE don't have to do anything! I will win this shit on my own like I always do!" He spat back walking away. Furrowing her brows, she was beyond confused but they didn't have time for this.

Trying to catch up to him she yelled "Bakugo! You're not supposed to do this on your own. This is a partner exercise- "

"YEAH? AND WHAT A SHITTY PARTNER I HAVE HUH?!"

"What? Why are you so mad?" He continues walking faster "Bakugo?! Can you just stop walking for a minute please?!" She runs in front of him trying to catch his attention somehow. He just bumps his shoulder with hers pushing her to the side. Uraraka falls to the ground with a 'thump'.