Chapter 28

As the sun slowly started going down, they made their way down the mountain and through the forest. Already exhausted Uraraka was glad that she had decided to pack a hoodie since with the sun slowly disappearing so did its warmth. Watching the guys up ahead she could feel her cheeks warm up again and frowned. Every time she thought about what had happened earlier, she would get this weird feeling in her stomach like butterflies.

"Shouldn't we start looking for a place to stop for the night?" Mina yawned.

"Yeah, I'm with Mina. It is getting late after all." Uraraka says rubbing her eyes.

"I think Bakugo said that a little further ahead was a good place to rest." Kirishima yelled over his shoulder watching Bakugo checking his watch every so often to make sure they were on the right path.

Half an hour later they came upon a small clearing in the forest before Bakugo took off his backpack and rolled his shoulders. "This should do."

"Nice!" Kirishima says looking at their surroundings.

"Alright help me get this shit unpacked." Bakugo says as he starts to remove one of the tents he was carrying.

"Alright I'm on it."

Letting out a sigh of relief the girls walk over to the two while scanning their surroundings "Not bad." Mina grins before placing their bags down. "Do you mind? We will be right back."

Glancing up for a second Kirishima just grins "No worries. Go on. We got this."

"Thanks." Mina turns around and starts making her way into the forest.

Uraraka nervously rubs her arm taking a peek at Bakugo who was kneeling down focused on getting the tents up and not really caring what's going on.

"Come on Ochaco!" Mina yells over her shoulder. Biting her lip, she quickly stares at her feet for a second before dismissively shaking her head and running to catch up with Mina not realizing Bakugo watching her run off from the corner of his eye before refocusing silently on his work.

Clearing his throat Kirishima casually stretches his arms above his head grinning. "So.... this is a nice place you found bro."

Rolling his eyes Bakugo just continued inserting the tent poles through the frame not bothering to reply. Looking down at his best friend Kirishima just frowns for a minute before helping to raise the tent. After a few more minutes of silence Kirishima just groans frustratingly standing up "Alright dude talk to me."

Not bothering to look up Bakugo just continues hammering the spikes into the ground with a rock "Tch, talk about what?"

"Well...how about what happened earlier."

"What the hell are you talking about? We got the first flags, didn't we?"

"Yeah but-"

Having enough Bakugo abruptly stood up staring him straight in the eye with a stern face. "Kirishima! Let's focus on getting this shit done, ok?"

Frowning he slowly watches Bakugo before nodding his head "Alright." Kneeling down he continues to place the spikes into the ground "So, what do you think the other teams are doing?"

Shrugging his shoulders Bakugo scowls "Who the fuck knows. Not like I care as long as we make it back first."

Chuckling Kirishima shakes his head "right."

Looking towards the red head Bakugo hesitantly opens his mouth but immediately closes it scoffing. "Anyways let's finish up the other tent already." Walking over to unpack the other tent.

"Hey guys we're back!" Mina says skipping over.

"Tch, took you long enough."

"Yeah, sorry about that. But we did gather some things for a fire." Uraraka smiled as both girls lifted their arms to show what they found.