Chapter 66

AN: Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this is a pretty emotional chapter before you started reading.

X

"Daddy?"

Ignoring the sudden crash of the bowl she had previously been holding and feeling her fingers become numb, she continued to stare in shock as tears welled up in her brown eyes.

"No...no no no no no-DAD! DAD WAKE UP!" Franticly grabbing him by the shoulders she started shaking him before kneeling down in front of him. "DAD WAKE UP! PLEASE!

Not getting any responds she felt her breathing pick up as panic overtook every part of her. "PLEASE! IT'S ME! PLEASE WAKE UP! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"

Feeling every part of her body shaking she continued to stare at his lifeless eyes staring back at her as she grabbed his face lightly tapping his cheek and hoping he'd wake up. "NO! DAD! COME ON WAKE UP! It's me..." her voice cracked as the tears started pulling out of her eyes. "Your little Ochaco...your little princess...please just-"

Opening her mouth as she lifted her shaking hand in front of her face her eyes grew at the sight of blood on her hand. "No..."

Swallowing the sudden nauseating feeling, she hesitantly let her eyes look over him again, beaten and bruised with his clothes already showing dried blood from stab wounds. How could she not have noticed before?

"Dad...?" unable to take her eyes off she felt a few more tears slide down her pink cheeks. "No...this can't..." Shaking her head and forcing that feeling away she tried pulling herself up clutching onto his hand tightly.

Feeling the overwhelming pain of his cold hands against hers she looked back up at him with pleading eyes. "Please-" feeling her throat tightening she looked away taking deep breaths and catching something from the corner of her eye.

Pulling herself to stand on shaky legs she slightly wobbled gripping onto his desk to steady herself.

Gulping down hard she reached over with shaky hands picking up a small white envelope resting on his desk with some dried blood.

As her eyes got blurry, she slowly tried to open it, but her hands refused to listen to her watching as it landed on the floor.

Feeling the room spinning she slowly blinked a few times before kneeling down in front of it and just staring at the white squared envelope.

She knew she had to do something. But at that moment nothing was registering, and it felt like all her training was for nothing. Everything just felt so far away...nothing mattered anymore as the room continued to spin.

After a minute she slowly looked back up at her dad's lifeless body before a sudden thought hit her. "K...Kiri...shima...where...?" she croaked out letting her gaze drift over the cold and quiet office, halting when her eyes locked onto a pair of brown boots peeking out from the closet.

"No!" Forcing herself to crawl over, she quickly opened the closet door as Kirishima's limp bloodied body collapsed on top of hers before rolling off. "Kirishima!"

Blinking rapidly, she tried her hardest to make her hands move as the panic took over again and franticly trying to remember anything she could from her training. "I-I don't...."

Closing her eyes to control her breathing. 'I can do this. I have to.' Glancing back over at the red head she quickly looked him over and with shaky hands checked his pulse. 'Weak'

Seeing various cuts and bruises her eyes landed on an obvious stab wound as she quickly took off her jacket, placing it behind his head desperately looking around for something to help stop the bleeding.