CHAPTER 9 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

"You're going for the full," the deep voice of Choi Yeonjun said to his best friend after he got started in pool, directly sinking two of the half inked balls

"You're going for the full," the deep voice of Choi Yeonjun said to his best friend after he got started in pool, directly sinking two of the half inked balls. Some other students and guests of the party were standing around the table watching the match starting. Kai, who had started this match with a dopey comment, stood examining and with his arms folded next to the table. He would mime the referee for tonight.

Some people stopped briefly by them, looking at the placement of the balls or just the current score, before moving on again.

Many of those present wore loose clothing, some of them even in just swimming trunks or bikinis, because for that moment the falling evening was very warm. The heated rays of the sun had long since disappeared, but there was still enough warmth left behind. On top of that, the guests loved Yeonjun's heated pool in combination with the round jacuzzi, which was already really heating up.

The party was in full swing.

And it was going extremely well.

Since Yeonjun had scored a lucky hit on the break, he looked for a new position to aim for the next ball.

And Beomgyu wasn't exactly thrilled about it, standing at the other end of the table and rolling his eyes as he watched Yeonjun. "Aish!" he cursed in his usual slightly grim state. "I like the halves better...," Beomgyu continued to grumble, holding the cue at the top with both hands. Waiting to see if the older birthday boy would pocket the next ball, Beomgyu watched Yeonjun lean over the table with ease because of his long legs. Concentrating, the Yeonjun let the tip of his tongue peek out from the corner of his mouth, but took an extremely long time to execute the shot.

"Don't make it so exciting," Kai croaked.

"It would have been exciting if you had a gift for me, too," Beomgyu countered, pouting and annoyed at the fact that the brown-haired man had actually prepared only one gift for Yeonjun. Beomgyu was used to Soobin and Taehyun participating in her birthday in ways other than a gift. But Kai had something personal ready every year, so he was shocked that he - unlike Yeonjun - had gone empty-handed. And he let Kai know this directly with his pinched expression and placed his chin on the back of his hand, which lay over the billiard cue.

"I told you I was sorry!" whined Kai, taking a small step towards the black-haired man and pressing his cheek against his upper arm. "I'm sooo sorry!" he repeated, nuzzling his face into the smooth fabric of Beomgyu's dark jacket. Narrowing his eyes, the Beomgyu looked to Kai before a smirk very slowly appeared on his lips, making even his eyes smile. However, since the brown-haired man couldn't see the mischievous expression, the latter continued with his apology, "I prepared something just for you, but it just wasn't good enough for my dearest Beomie! Please forgive me, Choi Beomgyu! I'll make it up to you!"

Kai's whining made Beomgyu laugh outright, and he released one hand from the cue to put it around the boy's shoulder. He was still offended by the lack of a gift, but he downplayed it by saying conciliatorily, "Forget it, your gift could never have been as good as Yeonjun's anyway."