CHAPTER 18 - OMINOUS CALL

The boys had talked about the picture for a very long time, until finally the question came up who the hell this ImHorizon was and why or why he was exposing these people

The boys had talked about the picture for a very long time, until finally the question came up who the hell this ImHorizon was and why or why he was exposing these people. During this time, Beomgyu had fallen asleep on the couch from exhaustion. Had been literally mugged. Luckily for him, because that way he didn't have to answer the many questions from Kai, who wasn't afraid to put his friends under interrogation. Since he had no idea who was behind this profile, he could suspect anyone. When he finally woke up after a few hours, he found that his friends had all gone home and only Yeonjun was left in the room. He was still sitting in the same place, that comfy couch chair, concentrating on the game.

This time it was a different game, but Beomgyu couldn't tell from the current action what kind of game it was.

Blinking, he tried to bring himself to a state of alertness, and looked around again, but neither Soobin nor Taehyun nor Kai were to be seen. "Have the others left yet?" asked Beomgyu, making an effort to look directly at his best friend.

Yeonjun, who so far hadn't noticed that Beomgyu had woken up again, paused the game and gave him a look. "Left half an hour ago."

Just the fact that he was alone with Yeonjun made him cringe. Beomgyu was suddenly so nervous that he began to tug restlessly at his T-shirt, wondering if he should just jump up and run home.

As fast as he could.

On the other hand, Beomgyu also wanted to pretend that he couldn't remember anything, so he would make himself suspicious if he just ran away quickly. Yeonjun wasn't stupid, he would notice something like that immediately. But this silence that had spread between the two of them was unbearable.

Silence had never felt so awful.

Yeonjun had also noticed the tense situation. He wiped his slightly sweaty hands on his jeans and tried not to let it bother him. Even if his best friend avoided his gaze, he at least wanted to try to strike up a conversation, "Are you actually feeling good about the exams?"

Small talk did not normally exist between the two, so Beomgyu was all the more surprised to hear such a simple question from the taller man's mouth.

Yeonjun wanted to talk, but he didn't know how to start such a conversation.

How was he supposed to simply bring up the kiss?

The black-haired man just shrugged his shoulders and decided to just continue this hopeless conversation, then get out of this room as soon as possible. But he didn't give him a proper answer, so Yeonjun inquired if the exams had gone well. "It went okay, I think," Beomgyu replied with his lips pressed together, he was so incredibly, bad at pretending that everything was fine.

Because nothing was fine in his head.

This answer didn't match the expression on Beomgyu's face, so Yeonjun didn't let up. He hated this tension between them and the uncertainty of whether it was actually because of the exams or the kiss. "Those notes you're always taking must be really good," Yeonjun interjected, "if you're so casual about it."