CHAPTER 13 - IMHORIZON

Yeonjun sat in his parked Mercedes and stared at ImHorizon's post

Yeonjun sat in his parked Mercedes and stared at ImHorizon's post. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Had not believed it the first time he had seen the picture.

But it was clear.

It was definitely him and Beomgyu, and at the most intimate moment they had ever shared: their kiss.

Seeing the silhouettes of the two of them, knowing it was him and his best friend, sent a shiver down his spine and he tried to calm himself by taking deep breaths. But even as soon as he had seen it at home earlier, he had instantly called Beomgyu, who unfortunately had not answered his cell phone.

And something told Yeonjun that something was wrong.

Something told him that this kiss would still have consequences. Never would people assume that it was the two party animals, but someone already knew: ImHorizon.

This stranger knew what had happened between the two young men, had sneaked into the office when no one noticed. If only he had locked the door, Yeonjun thought to himself, ruffling his brown hair in despair. He leaned his forehead against the steering wheel for a while, hoping that the photo didn't make the situation worse. He could have screamed, so loudly that everyone in the university would have heard him. It was already difficult to approach Beomgyu about the matter, but now ImHorizon's post would make it even more difficult.

Because now there was the fear that others would find out.

Yeonjun knew that his best friend would now be even more reluctant to talk in private. Even though he was absolutely not sure how to interpret this kiss.

After all, Beomgyu had kissed him and not the other way around.

He remembered exactly the tingling feeling when Beomgyu had put his hand to his cheek. The soft fingertips and the firm tug as he pulled him close. He remembered the taste of his lips, the feeling of not being able to get enough of them. The movements, the kiss that took his breath away. And even now he felt the sinking feeling in his stomach, the slight nausea as the tingling in his stomach became unbearable just thinking about this person. And that tingling was for his best friend.

He had kissed his childhood friend and he knew he would never forget it again.

That act had awakened earlier feelings in Yeonjun.

Feelings he had carried inside for almost ten years, buried like a dead bird. There was still the possibility that the alcohol had simply robbed him of his senses.

But would he really not be able to understand or distinguish when he kissed a boy instead of a girl?

Since that night of the birthday party, Yeonjun hadn't been able to sleep a wink, lying awake in his bed wondering why it had come to this. He had constantly tried to forget the moment, to pretend it had never happened or not take it for granted. Yet it was damn important to him. It was important to him to sort it out and not just leave it up in the air like Beomgyu did. Even since then, he had been trying to suppress the past feelings for Beomgyu, even banish them from his mind and get over it. Even though it was hard, he had managed it well so far. But now, after that kiss, everything swirled up again and Yeonjun would feel like he didn't want to get out of that car. He wanted to scream, yet he had to pull himself together. Tried to collect himself, so he took a look in the rearview mirror, but what was staring back at him was horrible.